Replacement seats for HJ62

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 18:53
ThreadID: 20379 Views:1569 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I've just bought a cheapie HJ62 and would like to replace the front seats with buckets. Has anyone had any experience with a simple and cheap swapover with 2nd hand seats from another vehicle?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bbuzz - Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 21:42

Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 21:42
Hi,
I have a HJ60, 1984, and I replaced the LC seats with Ford sedan seats. The ones with all the knobs to adjust things. You move the pyramids at the back to where you need them after carefully drilling out the welds. If you just nip them the pyramids just come off with a little hole in the floor left. Fill this up with solder. Bolt the pyramids to the floor pan with quarter inch hi-tensile and lock nuts. Put a metal pad under the vehicle to brace the floor pan. The old mounting brackets off the LC seats can be bolted to the Ford runners, which I shortened a little to keep leg room in the back. Use the original front mounting on the outside and drill a new one through the raised floor portion. They sit a little higher so you may have to offer up one at the wreckers on the passenger side to check it out if you and your passenger are tallish. They are very comfortable!!
AnswerID: 98061

Reply By: dublediff - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:19

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:19
The simple method is to replace with second hand aftermarkt seats such as recaro or similar. they can be found on EBAY quite cheaply. I have a set of seat adaptors for recaro/flofit/saas etc. They cost about $200 each, but if you are close or want to pay for postage you can have them for $100 the pair. These adaptors are for the 60 series and are engineered and take all the bother out of drilling holes??? in the floor pan. Cheers.
AnswerID: 98122

Sponsored Links