Camper Trailer from Bell Campers

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 at 23:24
ThreadID: 20390 Views:5695 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Evening all, hope your've had as good a day as we have. Just got back from the the Caravan, Camping and 4 x 4 Show in the Illawarra at Kembla Grange. Great day out salavating over all the big boys toys, anyway... Looking at possibly getting a camper trailer from "Bell Canvas" a company in Minchinbury NSW, from all I've seen tooday they seem extremely well made and not too over priced compared to many out there. Has any body got any good or bad experiances with this brand that I should be aware of. From what I've seen today they seem very helpfull and easy to talk to especially when it came to personal modifications we may want. Any info would be great.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:21

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:21
Boo, what sort of prices are you looking at, for what features? A little more info may help people with maybe recommending a different brand etc. Sorry, it doesn't answer your question.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 98084

Follow Up By: Boo - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 19:26

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 19:26
Looking at a Heavy duty off road Galvasied trailer with extende draw bar, tool chest 60lt water tank and independant suspention. The camper tent unit will have a 8' by 14' floor area with a full floor then it has a full length awning 8' wide with a end and side wind break at the kitchen end. It has aheap of other little features too numerous to bother mentioning. The total price (so far) looks around $11,500. The quality seems very good but the company is still developing a web site so its imposible to look up any info on them, so I was just asking if any one else had delt wth them and how they found them to deal with.
Thanks for the feadback..
FollowupID: 356672

Reply By: Chaba - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:27

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 01:27
Hi Boo,

Can't say I'm familiar with any campers from Bell Canvas, and afer googling "Bell Canvas" I can't say I'm any more enlightened as to the product they build/market.

Is it a soft or hard floor camper?

Chaba.
AnswerID: 98085

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 20:47

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 20:47
Hey boo i had a look at them at the show as well and they look pretty well made as far as i know they have only been going for less than 12 mths they are out in western Sydney, Riverstone i think, the canvas looked good i would look at the trailer and make sure it is durible and well made as this is what will let you down so strength is a must if you can get it hot dip gal that is a good option and a full chassie if offroad is what your looking at.

Baz.
AnswerID: 98194

Follow Up By: Boo - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 21:20

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 21:20
Heh Baz..
Did a cost comparison to try and compare oranges to oranges so to speak (they all vary in some way or option) and they seem to very good value as well as quality. The next closest in value with comparable options on the trailer and tent unit was around $1900 dearer. As for the trailer ... I'm looking at their topline off road version which is fully hot dipped and has fully independant suspension which seems to be the best about. Havent actualy seen the gal trailer yet but will go up and check one out before I'd order one, but it certainly sounds OK.
FollowupID: 356690

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 22:08

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 22:08
Yeah much of a muchness price wise with the tent type campers, ours is the Redback and the trailer is brilliant but the canvas is so so seems the one you look at at the shows is differant in quality to when you purchace. (he says gritting his teeth)

boo on the suspension i'm not a big fan of inderpendant i think the eye to eye 7 or 9 leaf rebound is the best aspecially when you are outback and it breaks, easy to fix unlike inderpendant. Having said that Ultimate campers have ind suspension and don't have probs.

Baz.

AnswerID: 98217

Follow Up By: Boo - Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 22:42

Sunday, Feb 13, 2005 at 22:42
Thanks for the point on the suspention...As you suggest its easy to replace a broken leaf but its certainly a different thing trying to repair a broken a frame on the independant.. food for thought.
FollowupID: 356707

Sponsored Links