jackeroo modifications

Submitted: Tuesday, Sep 24, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2042 Views:1890 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I have just bought a 2002 jackeroo equipe auto diesel. Is there any
thing to look out for in the future? Can or should a finer filter or similar
be fitted,also any supension mods that may be required?
The jackeroo is mainly used on bitumen 70% and for towing a trailer
off road. Thanks Terry.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Derek - Tuesday, Sep 24, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Sep 24, 2002 at 00:00
Terry. I've been using a Finer filter in my LC for years and think it's great, but they are messy to service.
AnswerID: 6879

Reply By: Whistling Jack - Tuesday, Sep 24, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Sep 24, 2002 at 00:00
First modification...spell it right...JACKAROO. Secondly, conform to the warranty when considering mods such as Finer Filter. Shouldn't be a problem, but check with GM first.

Cheers, Daniel

PS I drive a new Jack, enjoy yours!
AnswerID: 6886

Follow Up By: Member - Terry- Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002 at 00:00
Whistling Jack,
my apology on the spelling, thanks for the info
FollowupID: 3117

Reply By: Savvas - Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002 at 00:00

Terry, I have a 2000 Monterey (petrol v6). Before taking delivery, I had the dealer exchange the standard Goodyears for BFG A/T's as the Goodyears are not too hot off the black-top. The swap was $550. I also put in a finer filter after I drove through a plague of bogong moths between Goulburn and Yass. The paper filter was choked. A replacement paper filter at Super Cheap Auto was $67. The finer filter was $75. The choice was easy. Have never looked back. A mate of mine has also just bought an Equipe (petrol), he changed his tyres within a couple of days of delivery at the local Bob Jane for a set of BFG A/T KO's. His swap was also $550. His initial perception is that the KO's actually handle better than the Goodyear's. We'll be christening that car in some mud and dirt during the October long weekend, if he manages to get up 800kms to have it run-in by then. As far as suspension mods go, the only mod I have planned is a set of Rancho shocks and maybe some progressive rate springs at the rear. Try doing a bit of towing before you do any mods. You may find that you are happy with the current setup and can put off the expense until a later time. Anyway, enjoy what is a very fine vehicle.
AnswerID: 6890

Follow Up By: Whistling Jack - Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002 at 00:00

I did the same thing with the BFG A/Ts at my local Tyrepower. The price? $550! Must be a common practise, although the guy I dealt with had a Jack with the original tyres. The handling has improved.
FollowupID: 3098

Reply By: Darian - Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002 at 00:00

Terry....I have the 99 SE diesel Jack - just about finished fitting it out with goodies and mods etc, after 3 years. ...I'm happy.
There has been a lot of discussion about Jack owning on this site....quite a lot about the all-important oil specs. Reckon we should build a "just Jack"
site. Anyway, if you do a search on this site, you should pick up all the banter from recent times. Keeping my ear to the VKS737 HF ground,
listened to a report of a diesel Jack just refusing to go out in some remote Kimberley area the other day - had to be rescued...will try and catch up
with that owner. But hey....that is cars ...any car can do it. I reckon the Jack is great value for the dollars all up.
By the way, with your 2 batteries on board for starting, what do they expect you to do for an auxiliary set up ?
dp
AnswerID: 6895

Follow Up By: Damien - Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002 at 00:00

Darian, i've got a 2000 Jack with dual batteries & i will be isolating the 2nd battrery.
Unless you live in very cold areas there is no need for the 2nd cranking battery, especially if you run the correct viscosity oil in the TD.
FollowupID: 3110

Follow Up By: Member - Terry- Wednesday, Sep 25, 2002 at 00:00

Darian,living in Perth is not cold so after discussion with my auto electrician I will isolate one of the batteries as mentioned by Damien.
I am interested in what modifications or accessories you have done.
FollowupID: 3118

Sponsored Links