Koni's for Nissan Navara D.C.

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 14:15
ThreadID: 20466 Views:3309 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have OME on my navara........made a big difference but blew a front one on the Talawna track last August. These shocks were new before leaving on trip so got a replacement on warranty........although had to pay transport cost from Perth to Broome......anyway ARB tell me they have problems with these shocks especially on Navara's
My ?? Anyone had any experiance with Koni's on a Navara

Regards
Rash

Should clarify........only haqve problems with OME on front of Navara's
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MattyM - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 15:26

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 15:26
Rash,
I've had Koni's on my 02 Navara for about 12 months now & couldn't be happier.
I also had the rear springs reset & an extra leaf added to soften the ride. It seems the original springs are too soft & hit the over ride spring to early in their travel causing a harsh kick in the rear end.
After getting the springs done & fitting Koni's even the missus likes going for drives now.
P.S they tell me Koni's are the only fully re-buildable shock.
Cheers
Matty
AnswerID: 98511

Reply By: Swine Hunter - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 16:40

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 16:40
Hi Rash,
Never had Koni's on a Navara, but have had them on a few cars over the years. I have also just put them on the rear of my GQ LWB today @ $214 each.

(I tried Rancho 5000 on front - not happy so went Koni rear and will also change front to Koni this week)

The first impressions are good ones.

All of my experiences with Koni have been excellent, and they may cost a few $$ more up front, but will last 2-3 times longer than lots of other brands, therefore worth every cent IMHO. Another advantage is that they are re-buildable for about $80 each with seals, gas and piston, and thats pretty cheap considering the quality.

If you plan on keeping the truck, spend the $$ you will not be disappointed.
Koni are FIRST CLASS!!

Cheers,
Wayne
AnswerID: 98520

Reply By: RussellP - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 20:09

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 20:09
I have an 03 Navara DC, 55K with Rancho 5000's all round. I'm putting the factory one's back on the front until I can affod to get some Koni's.

Russell
AnswerID: 98542

Reply By: rash - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 21:06

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 21:06
Hey many thanks guys for your input...........think i will have to try a couple of Koni's on the front.........Just a ?? Matty........i have a 2002 also ..did you do anything else at the front to increase clearance??

Many thanks again
Rash
AnswerID: 98553

Reply By: awill4x4 - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 22:05

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 22:05
Vehicles with torsion bar indepentant front suspensions are the hardest of vehicles to design a shock absorber for. I was told this at an open night at ARB headquarters where our 4x4 club were invited.
The major problem appears to be the shocks are very short so less room for valving and the leverage actions by the wishbones are so severe.
As a matter of fact, when I had my Pajero I used Koni's and I had a failure with one of them so shock failure isn't just an ARB problem.
With my Patrol I got over 100K on ARB shock absorbers. Luck of the draw I suppose.
Regards Andrew.
AnswerID: 98570

Follow Up By: rash - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:29

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 12:29
Yes Andrew.......thats the same info i received from ARB ....so i guess there is no guarantee the Koni's on the front will be any better
Thanks for your input Andrew

Rash
FollowupID: 357054

Sponsored Links