1991 nissan patrol {curly one}

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 19, 2005 at 23:51
ThreadID: 20591 Views:3491 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to everybody, I got another curly one with my patrol. about four weeks ago my wife takes the kids up the shops and my 8 year old son jumps out the passenger front door to find that he couldnt shut it again. the door has dropped about half a inch at the striker. Now the gue nissan put between the hindge and the post is still in good condition same with the hindge and the door. hasent even cracked the paint. also there's not enough play in the pin to warrant the half inch drop. WHY IS THIS SO.? Then about two weeks ago i noticed the windscreen rubber has broken in the top right corner about two inches in from the pillar and would have to be a inch gap. WHICH NOW LEAKS,, we dont do a lot of 4w driving as to the lack of time. Could this just be a freak of nature that they hppend at the same time ? or my worst fears and for sum reason the body has a twist in it. any info would be taken on board with open arms. thanks jim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jiarna (SA) - Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 05:14

Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 05:14
Maybe the pillar is cracked and the weight of the door has bent the pillar backwards. Happened similarly to my 1981 MQ, easily fixed with a MIG welder.
Cheers
John
Those who say something cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 99127

Follow Up By: Member - Jim M (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:46

Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:46
thanks for the info, i'll have a look today. if its cracked it would be around the top of the door/bottom corner of the window, hay. Iwas hoping sumone would tell me it was only the bushes between the body and the rails. so then i can do a body lift.
FollowupID: 357479

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:59

Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:59
Jim,

Sorry mate I did't read your follow up to John, but I would still have a look at the body mounts.

Wayne
FollowupID: 357481

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:53

Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:53
Jim,

Might also pay to have a look at the body mounts.

With the age of the vehicle the rubbers could have cracked and fallen out.

Wayne
AnswerID: 99147

Sponsored Links