Cooling campervans

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 13:19
ThreadID: 20601 Views:4117 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to all. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or suggestions on cooling down the inside of a campervan. As most would know the sleeping quarters is a lot higher than the floor level. I thankyou for any replies.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: japmel - Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 14:31

Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 14:31
Wayne C
Hi there, We use one of those 12 volt fans you can get at Marine stores.(untill we can afford an air conditioner)

We have a Supreme Getaway Offroad Caravan so it's a bit differnt but it should still work for you.

Regards
japmel
AnswerID: 99156

Reply By: David Au - Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 21:32

Sunday, Feb 20, 2005 at 21:32
We use a Convair Magicool evaporative cooler which gives you close to 600w of cooling from a 58w 240v we run from the 12v - 240v inverter, which is 6.0amps at 12vDC. The evaporative cooler knocks the temperature down sufficiently to make it comfortable. Evaporative coolers work well in low humidity areas. Three of my customers I fitted up with solar now use these and really like them.
All evaporative coolers are far from equal and the Convair Magicool is top of the pile for cooling. Some evaporative coolers virtually do nothing as far as cooling goes.
Convair Brochure and on last page the tests are interesting. I have another URL I cannot find with more units tested, same sort of thing and Convair Magicool wops all others of similar size.
AnswerID: 99230

Sponsored Links