Tread Lightly Insurance

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 20:36
ThreadID: 20672 Views:1542 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Not happy with my current CT cover and have been surfing for ideas... Never heard of Tread Lightly Insurance, anyone care to give me the heads up??? At first glance it looks the goods although I haven't had a quote yet, they seem to have thought of everything... All the questions I had were answered in their PDF brochure.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rihearn - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 21:10

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 21:10
Hi

I've been looking into the same thing myself today and have posted a question regarding it a few hours before you.
The insurance is through TCIS who say they only insure those affiliated to 4wd clubs or treadlightly (though previous posts on this site say they have got it without either)
I just got a quote from them today for $1000 including the comp. cover on $10k worth of old patrol. The toys are worth approx. another 3k. Admittedly they probably see me as a bit of a risk as I have had an accident, albeit minor, in the last year and a speeding ticket for 10kph over the limit!

To actually answer your question I think they will provide good cover and peace of mind, at a price!
AnswerID: 99562

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 21:21

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 21:21
It kinda looked like it may be a bit expensive, I only want to cover the camper so I'll see how I go.
FollowupID: 357877

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 22:50

Tuesday, Feb 22, 2005 at 22:50
Hi Blue,

I have my off-road van insured through TCIS and recently did a bit of damage to both sides of my van while on the Holland Track (required both sides to be reskinned plus rollout awning, all roof clips, indicators, 240V plugs etc... to be replaced). Was over $7,000 worth of damage done and all replaced by one phonecall. Cannot speak highly enough of the service and ease of getting everything done.

Having the van insured is one thing but seeing if they come thru when it gets damaged is another. After my experience, I will definetly be renewing my insurance with TCIS.

Cheers

Captain

AnswerID: 99591

Follow Up By: Moggs - Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 00:11

Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 00:11
Sorry to hear about the damage Captain, but happy to hear that TCIS were good to deal with. I have my trailer insurance with them and have being wondering if they would be a pain re: claims. Seems my worrying was time wasted - good stuff :)
FollowupID: 357919

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 11:36

Wednesday, Feb 23, 2005 at 11:36
If $7k is "a bit of damage" I'd hate to see it when you really stuff up... I know everyone has a sob story when it comes to insurance(including myself), it's always good to hear a positive tale though.
Thanks Captain
FollowupID: 357981

Sponsored Links