re:FLEXITANK WATER TANKS

Submitted: Monday, Sep 30, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2073 Views:3989 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone have experience with FLEXITANK WATER TANKS. I am considering the pros and cons of this type of water storage as opposed to the metal type that are designed to fit under the back floorboard etc.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rick - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 01, 2002 at 00:00
I have a 30 litre flexible tank ( I think it is a Floatpac brand) that sits in the rear left quarter panel of my Nissan. Great use of an other wise dead space. Water exits via a short hose & simple tap on the end i.e. gravity feed. Easy to fill the bladder from a 1 " neck/filler. There is no taint or flavourin the water. Cheers. Rick.
AnswerID: 7070

Reply By: scooby - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2002 at 00:00

We have a 50 litre floatpac that lays on the floor between the front and rear seats. Works well, is easy to fill. There is a slight plastic taste to the water but it is getting less noticeable, (we have only used it twice).
We did try flushing the bladder out several times with a sodium bicarb solution but still have that slight plastic taste. Hopefully it will go away with more use.
AnswerID: 7072

Reply By: Melissa - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2002 at 00:00

Hi William,

We've been using an 80 litre water bladder (Opposite Lock) for a while now. It fits in the well between front and back seats so it's out of the way and keeps the centre of gravity low. Some people make a false floor to sit over the bladder so kids and other luggage is kept away from it etc. Only problem is the slightly rubbery taste the water has. It gets better with use but like Scooby, even though we flushed it with bi-carb per the instructions, it's still there. As we use the bladder as secondary storage, we have the luxury of keeping it for washing water, not drinking. So, if you can live with taste aspect, I'd highly recommend this type of storage option. Happy travels, Melissa
AnswerID: 7075

Follow Up By: Member - William - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2002 at 00:00

Thanks a lot for your replies;very informative. Melissa, would you by chance have a web link for the opposite lock shop?
FollowupID: 3219

Follow Up By: Melissa - Tuesday, Oct 01, 2002 at 00:00

William,
The website is http://www.oppositelock.com, then click on the Fuel & Water Tanks link. Seems I incorrectly stated the capacity of the water bladder as 80 litres. In fact, it is only 55 litres. Nevertheless, it is still a good product. Hope this helps, Melissa
FollowupID: 3222

Sponsored Links