ICE BOXES in trading post?

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 15:00
ThreadID: 20823 Views:1906 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All just wondering if anyone has bought one of the Ice boxes from the trading post advertised as tough lockable ice boxes 5-15 days . They are at Adelaides camping show , I was there but didn't see them (dummy).
I was wondering if they are as good as advertised (Insulation wise) I have looked at Tropical and kookaburra and couldn't see much difference betwwen these. So these may be the same quality . Oh and I know you get what you pay for but sometimes its fun looking to see if you can do better.
Regards and thanks for any information in advance Warndu.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: warndu - Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 20:33

Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 20:33
Here is the Web site if you are wondering what I'm talking about.
http://www.techniice.com/english/companionPR.htm
They look good and the Tech ice gear looks pretty darn good too. But it would be nice if anyone could say ya or nay.
Regards Warndu
AnswerID: 100398

Reply By: pedro - Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 20:54

Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 20:54
Hi Warndu,
"Eva Kool" icebox will keep block ice for up to 7 days. Fiberglass outer with refirgeration insulation pressurised into all walls, lid and base... "Ice mate" same design, but outer made from polypropoline, will keep for 5-6 days and "Ice cool" boxes about the same but the finished product not as neet but very robust and this is my choice. Have one and very happy with it.
Cheers
Pedro :-)>
AnswerID: 100404

Follow Up By: Markymark - Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 23:07

Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 23:07
I have an 'IceKool" box too and love it. Not as well finished as the white boxes which is great cause you're not scared of scratches, and they are tough.

Cheers,

Mark.
FollowupID: 358588

Sponsored Links