where was I

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 19:56
ThreadID: 20831 Views:1458 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. thanks to craig,dodger and anni for answering my last question. It must have
been a fair road as I was in a Torana. Now I have another question going back even
longer.When moving from Sydney to Perth in 1970,Car a 67 Cortina.Went via
Stuart Hwy (Renmark,Waikerie.)Now the questions.There was a place where
we put the car on a ferry to cross a river.(1) Does anybody know where that might have been? Also we got stopped on a bridge with the middle spans raised to
let a paddle steamer through.Any idea where that might have been.Sadly to say
when I put the film which we took in to be devoloped not one photo came out.
thanks brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 20:19

Sunday, Feb 27, 2005 at 20:19
Sturt Hwy not Stuart Hwy.

The bridge you are talking about may have been the one between Renmark and Paringa on the Sturt hwy. It is still there and in daily use...for vehicles, that is.

Not sure of the ferry crossings but there are are still crossings in daily use at Lyrup(near Berri), Waikerie, Cadell, Morgan, Swan Reach, Walkers Flat, Purnong, Mannum, Wellington and Narrung. Take your pick!!
AnswerID: 100396

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Monday, Feb 28, 2005 at 12:20

Monday, Feb 28, 2005 at 12:20
And there was another until about 7 years ago at a place called Berri. If I could only remember where that is.
FollowupID: 358620

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Monday, Feb 28, 2005 at 12:23

Monday, Feb 28, 2005 at 12:23
PS and used to be another one at Kingston On Murray and another at Blanchetown both being replaced by bridges but not sure when. Incidently the Blanchetown bridge has been replace recently due to structural failing of the concrete and poor workmanship.
FollowupID: 358621

Sponsored Links