4WD Service Centre Taren Pt Sydney

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:30
ThreadID: 20900 Views:2013 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what their experiences with the above workshop were.

1. Price Fair/ Overpriced
2.Workmanship
3. Do they know their stuff, or do they try lots of different things before getting a problem fixed?

Thanks in advance,
Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bear - Wednesday, Mar 02, 2005 at 16:54

Wednesday, Mar 02, 2005 at 16:54
Hi Hunter

Michael and the team are one of the best I have found. I now reside in Qld but in 2002 they looked after my Prado prior to an 8 month trip pulling a Camper Trailer and 3 kids across Oz. We never had a problem and I was very happy with both the work and price.

Last year they fitted out my new 100series and again I could not of been happier.

I only hope I can find as good in Qld when the time comes.

Paul
AnswerID: 100817

Reply By: Savvas - Thursday, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:45

Thursday, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:45
Excellent place.

They know their stuff and can also be creative where they need to be.

Price - I'd say fair. They are not necessarily cheap, but they will do it right first time which is what i'm after. And if they don't do it right then they will not shirk their responsibility in getting it right.

Workmanship - Impeccable. Only way to describe it.

I've had a few things done there to my Jackaroo. Front bearing work, new OME suspension, trans service, rego checks, and had an aircon bearing replaced by them.

With the suspension, the new rear coils they installed sagged within a few hundred kms. No problem, they were upgraded to the next size coils without a hassle and have been great ever since.

Mike and the whole team are very easy to talk to, and will listen to what you want and will advise with honesty.

Bazaar and Jackablue have also used 4WDSC and would have positive feedback about them.
AnswerID: 100931

Follow Up By: Swine Hunter - Thursday, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:20

Thursday, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:20
Hi Savvas,

Thanks for the info, I would agree that even if the cost of getting work done by a competent, and obliging (in terms of making something you have paid for right) team is worth a couple of extra $$. Nothing more frustrating than having to return the car for warranty work due to poor workmanship, even if they happily offer to rectify.

I watch over Mike's business all night long, (he is a customer of my business) so I would hope that in return for the good service I provide to him, he will in turn look after me, and I am now much assured from the above comments. Actually don't think I have ever read or heard a bad comment about them.

Cheers,
Wayne
FollowupID: 359001

Reply By: Lyds - Thursday, Mar 03, 2005 at 23:19

Thursday, Mar 03, 2005 at 23:19
I'm a fan too.

They are very accommodating, helpful, and easy to deal with. I have never felt like I have been overserviced.

Recommended.

AnswerID: 101053

Reply By: duncs - Saturday, Mar 05, 2005 at 00:12

Saturday, Mar 05, 2005 at 00:12
I guess someone has to balance things up a bit.

I too had heard only good things about 4WDSC so I took my old GQ there for a pre trip check.

They found a couple of things that needed attention so I said go ahead. They repaird the front hubs that had never given any trouble and replaced a couple of suspension bushes. I left confident that my car was in good nick.

When I had a puncture I could not get the wheel nuts undone to fit the spare. Wheel nuts were simply overtightened.

I had a problem with a slipping hub on the front, one that I had paid to have repaired.

Laslty the car developed a terrible shudder in the front end. Turned out to be a worn suspension bush. When these problems showed up I was already in north Queensland, a bit late to take it back.

Now it is possible that the guy who did my car was having a bad day, but the problems did not improve my trip. My experience seems to be a one off, let's face it we all have a bad day from time to time. To be fair I have a friend in the accessories business and he rates them very highly for fitting accessories. I have not had them do that for me so won't comment.

Just thought it was worth showing that they are not perfect. I'm not saying don't go there just a caution. You still need to check the work they do for yourself, that goes for any workshop. They still rate better than the workshop in Atherton (wish I could remember their name for the reckord) who ripped me off blindly while taking four days to NOT fix the shudder.

Duncs
AnswerID: 101188

Reply By: obone - Saturday, Mar 05, 2005 at 15:03

Saturday, Mar 05, 2005 at 15:03
My experiences with this company have all been good. Charges appear to be about 1/3 cheaper than Toyota dealership for the same service. Very impressed with their knowledge !
AnswerID: 101214

Sponsored Links