OZ Trail 4VPlus or 6VPlus Quality etc

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 03, 2005 at 11:42
ThreadID: 20929 Views:5134 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I read with interest the thread on the Sportiva and I'm a novice in this tent lark as well. Based upon Web research the OZ Trail seems to be much the same as the Sportiva but cheaper. Does anyone have a 4VPlus or 6VPlus? Opinions please? Thanks Clarrie (ps can't toodle to local store as there isn't one)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jenkie - Friday, Mar 04, 2005 at 19:16

Friday, Mar 04, 2005 at 19:16
We have owned a Sportiva tent which was replaced with an Oztrail tent. We replaced the sportiva after the fly began to rip having had the tent for at least6 to 8 years. We replaced the tent with a Oztrail Highlander about 3 years ago. This tent was definately an improved version but you would expect it as everthing improves. We found the extra poles at thefront made the tent a lot mroe stable expecially in the wind. It didnt take much more time to put up but was certainly heavier in the bag. When we brougjht the new one we were told they both came out the same shop as if my memory serves me correct Oztrail brought out Sportiva. We havent used if for the last 2 trips to Fraser and Moreton as we changed our trailer to a Trackabout trailer tent last September so have now gone to heavy canvas but the tent is still here in good condition waiting for a trip where we dont take the trailer if ever that will be
Jenkie
Jenkie

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 101155

Reply By: Glenno - Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 20:43

Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 20:43
Oztrail rock. From what I can tell Sportiva are a copy - with smaller windows. We have the 4V with the section out the front to zip in an extra room. Have had 4 of us huddled in the front section playing cards and drinking bourbon on many a rainy windy night.

It has the geodesic frame which uses 4 cross over poles rather than the normal 2. Guaranteed you will sleep through most storms as the tent just doesnt move.

Worth every cent. After approx 6years and probably close to 40weeks of time erected, the nylon fly is starting to get a bit thin and spray very fine mist when it rains. Was thinking of scotchguarding it and see if that would help. Thats the Qld sun for you!

Awesome tent, im ready to buy another the day this one packs it in.

Cheers,

Glenno.
AnswerID: 101493

Sponsored Links