fishing bathurst headland

Submitted: Friday, Mar 04, 2005 at 13:38
ThreadID: 20957 Views:4377 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
Going to bathurst headland at beginning of april depending on road conditions,
my question is was anyone there last year & was it still possible to get drinking water out of the tanks at the old would be resort,I have been told that the water tanks have been holed with gun fire,I was there 3 years ago & the water up at the old soak in the hills had dried up because of the dry that year, which was about the 1st week of april which is about the time i am hoping to get there this year, thanks in advance for any replies
Friar
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tripp'n Around - Friday, Mar 04, 2005 at 14:03

Friday, Mar 04, 2005 at 14:03
Hi Friar

This might help you.
Andrew Hartwig is based at Lakefield National Park and will know any info you require.
Andrew's email address is andrew.hartwig@epa.qld.gov.au
The phone number for Lakefield is (07) 4060 3271.
Sometimes emails are hard to retrieve due to the remoteness of the area.
However, we have never had any problems emailing them.

Cya
Tripp'n
:)
AnswerID: 101111

Reply By: bundyman - Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:29

Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:29
Friar,

I've been fishing at Bathurst Heads twice once in Sept 2000 and again sep 2001. The first time was awesome (fishing) with only 3 camps on the Beach. 12 months latter and there were 17 camps and enough rubbish lying around to think I was at the local garbage tip. But yes I know the old resort and I have it on good advice that the National Parks have converted a bit of the old resort to "an outstation" for thier rangers. So give the Lakefield numbers above a ring and they should give you all the info. Good luck - I hope the fishing has got better from when I was there last.

Cheers,
Hughesy
AnswerID: 101410

Reply By: cazshaz - Wednesday, Mar 09, 2005 at 11:13

Wednesday, Mar 09, 2005 at 11:13
Hi Friar,

was at Bathurst Bay/Head last August (2004) and went through the old resort. Sadly is an absolute mess, and the water tanks were empty. Agree with others, that rubbish lying around is a problem. We found a beautiful spot a little north west of the resort, down the ridge but took us half a day to clean up previous campers rubbish, just so we could set up camp. No fish I'm afraid, but lots of oysters on the rocks..............and croccy tracks, beware.... I hope Cyclone Ingrid doesn't put a halt to your plans.

Shaz
AnswerID: 101711

Reply By: friar - Saturday, Apr 02, 2005 at 19:54

Saturday, Apr 02, 2005 at 19:54
Hi Trippi,n Around
Thank you for Andrews email address , he replied yesterday to my email telling me the road over to the headland,should be open in a couple of weeks if they have no more rain, there has been a water tank put in east of the headland,provided the hoons have not wrecked it water will not be a problem, I will heading that way on 1st may for 3weeks fishing.
Friar
AnswerID: 104828

Sponsored Links