12V Multistage Smartcharger (Durst)

Submitted: Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 00:34
ThreadID: 21013 Views:3348 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone had had anything to do with Dust Multistage Smartchargers, Can get one at a good price but wondering what they are like, Details are

MultiStage SmartCharger
Model No bc-012-20A

Am planning on fitting into Offroad camper trailer for charging batteries....Would this be ok..

Thanks everyone,
Regards
JoLLy..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kiwi Ray - Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 06:02

Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 06:02
Hi
Is the charger is the 230 ac model? I do not actually know that brand, but as a smart charger, after charging it should drop back to a monitoring stage and just come on when needed this type would be good for that use.
some smart charger do not have the monitor stage
Ray
AnswerID: 101400

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:15

Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:15
G'day Jolly,

I have their 15 amp model fitted in my CT (most of the time). Haven't taken it "off road" but it will be doing that when we go the Kimberley in July. Contacted the company and asked them,

"Also would like to know how well this charger travels - thinking of mounting it in the camper and can it be mounted in any position? (will allow enough ventilation and moisture protection)"

Response,

"Best practice is when you mount charger in van avoid vibration as best you can."

Hope this helps, can provide a picture if you like.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 101422

Follow Up By: Jolly - Tuesday, Mar 08, 2005 at 07:09

Tuesday, Mar 08, 2005 at 07:09
Thanks Beatit..

I was a bit concerned about mounting the charger in the CT...Might stash in the vehicle and hook up when needed...

Enjoy your Kimberley trip mate..I live in Broome and and have also lived in Derby and Kununurra....Am shore you will have a great time
Make sure you call into Ellenbrae station along the Gibb Road...Approx 20k's south of the Durack river crossing...Have not seen them for a while but great people...Norm and Toni Stanley...Real characters..

Cheers mate..
Jolly..
FollowupID: 359437

Reply By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 17:06

Monday, Mar 07, 2005 at 17:06
G'day Jolly,

I've got the 15amp version as well. It has held up really well so far, but we didn't have it when we did the Cape York trip again in Oct 2004. Have been over some minor corrogations, but nothing too taxing. Mine is fitted in the camper trailer's battery compartment in an upright position with the fan blowing out the top. I try to ensure the compartment door is left open when it is switched on so there is plenty of fresh air.

Good luck.

Cheers

Roachie
AnswerID: 101461

Sponsored Links