Jeep Wrangler Lifts

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 09, 2005 at 19:12
ThreadID: 21097 Views:1331 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy all. Has anyone put 33 or 35 inch tyres on their Wrangler or know someone who has? I have just bought a Wrangler and it has 31 x 10.5's and appears to have a 1 inch body lift. Does that mean that to fit 33 i would have to raise it one inch to get 33's under there with the same clearance.(As the tyre would come up one inch closer to the guards and one inch higher of the ground?

If this is right would I need 2 inches for 35's?

I can't imagine the power would be very good with these size tyres so I guess the diff ratio's would have to be changed to bring it back to normal gearing.

Has anyone heard of a company that do long range tanks as the tanks in the wrangler are only 77 litres?

Any help appreciated,

Charlie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pauly - Thursday, Mar 10, 2005 at 22:39

Thursday, Mar 10, 2005 at 22:39
G'day mate my friend has just got one him self he put 2 inch springs and it's still small he has 31's at the mo, i'd get 4inch springs keep the body lift and that will be fine for the 33's you could put 35's but they will rip your guards off unless you do a 2inch body lift but not recomended, you will also have to lower the transfer case cause you will be getting a lot of vibration through the angle of the tail shaft, long range tanks not really sure try arb or get one made.

just my opinion

paul
AnswerID: 102007

Reply By: flappa - Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 09:06

Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 09:06
Its actually quite a big job to do it correctly.

I would suggest the best place to have a look at for this type of thing is.

http://ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/
AnswerID: 102040

Reply By: Member - RockyOne - Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 09:56

Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 09:56
Three things all go together,like it or not.(1) Bigger rubber (2) Change gear ratios or you won't see 5th gear again (except long downhills), (3) Slip Yoke Elimanator SYE on the output...Drop the box and you must lose some clearance..Keep a few bucks for a TBS (Throttle Body Spacer) for magic performance upgrade with no downside.
AnswerID: 102053

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)