Diesel price

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 10, 2005 at 15:12
ThreadID: 21121 Views:2143 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Further to some earlier posts relating to the higher than justified diesel price.
Please read the following about the new Audi TDI and pay particular attention to the economy figures , this in my humble opinion is why the 2 main refiners (Shell and BP ) will keep the price of diesel high , forget the Singapore price and all other furphys , the only parity priceing that exists is the crude oil price and the above refiners produce virtually all of Australias diesel in the country.

"Cue the 2.0 turbo diesel. While this engine is also no road burner in terms of zero-100kmh times, it does possess monster torque - 320Nm, available from just 1750rpm.

It gives the lightweight A3 outstanding mid-range responsiveness and rolling acceleration. On a flowing country road, the A3 oiler is a quick car indeed. And frugal. On a 400km country run, it averaged 4.6 litres/100km."
That is around 60 MPG for us old buggers.

Makes a lot of larger capacity off roaders look a bit pale.

Happy cogitating , Dave L.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Leroy - Thursday, Mar 10, 2005 at 15:21

Thursday, Mar 10, 2005 at 15:21
Wasn't the diesel VW golf getting 5l/100km?

Leroy
AnswerID: 101940

Reply By: Rigor - Thursday, Mar 10, 2005 at 15:27

Thursday, Mar 10, 2005 at 15:27
Yes Leroy but not with 320Nm of torque ! I suppose my point is the oil companys desire to keep us uninterested in the frugal models coming out of Europe these days , it would have to cut into the sales . Corporations are not concerned about reduced consumption and therefore pollution , just the bottom line.

Cheers again Dave l.
AnswerID: 101942

Sponsored Links