HALO sparkplugs

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2113 Views:2336 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have a dual fuel GQ Patrol (yes, it's thirsty!). I am interested in anyone who has any experience with HALO sparkplugs. They claim a reasonable performance boost, smoother running and above all, 15 -20% better fuel economy. However, being the original sceptic and at $30 each, I would like make sure I'm spending my money wisely, so any feedback at all would be much appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: charl makssi - Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00
GREETINGS GERRY

REGRET I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH HALO PLUGS BUT I AM A MECHANIC 20 YEARS AND I HAVE A 94 GQ EFI AND AFTER MANY YEARS EXPERMENTING WITH DIFFERENT PLUGS I CANT REALLY SAY THAT ANY PLUG IS GIONG TO GIVE YOU THAT MUCH MORE POWER AND FUEL ECONOMY, HOWEVER PLEASE CHECK OUT NGK PLUGS AUSTRALIA www.ngkspark.com.au WHICH HAS A GREAT RESOURCE ON PLUGS AND MAY GIVE YOU SOME IDEA ON WHAT A PLUGS PRIMARY FUNCTION IS. MY MACHINE AVERAGE'S 16 LITERS PER 100KLM CITY AND 13 LITRES PER 100KLM TOURING.

REGARDS CHARL.

AnswerID: 7274

Follow Up By: Gerry - Wednesday, Oct 09, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Oct 09, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks for that Charl. If I was getting 16 km/100L I would be quite happy. The best I can do around town is 26 and it gets worse on the highway (heavily loaded with an off road Jayco in tow). Mind you, mines a carby job and the above was taken while on LPG. It does do a bit better on petrol. Apart from that, she runs nice. Regards Gerry
FollowupID: 3335

Follow Up By: Charl Makssi - Wednesday, Oct 09, 2002 at 00:00

these figures do come at a cost. just out of intrest and keeping on the subject of plugs after reading your post i went to halo website as i was interested to see the halo plug in paticular the design and i have to say the idea and concept is similar to the bosch super4 which uses surface air gap technology basicly means the plug itself chooses the best route for the spark to ensure safe ignition. i have used bosch super4 but again i have to say that even bosch's claim is negligible to performance and economy benefits. the current set of plugs i'm using is ngk BPR5E which nissan used as standard (best plug for 3 bucks) however in search for better still products i'll next be trying out ngk iridium at about $30 bills each.

regards charl
FollowupID: 3345

Reply By: Member - Nigel - Wednesday, Oct 09, 2002 at 00:00

I have a 3 litre carby model, and recently had it checked by a petrol engine expert who found the vacuum advance on the distributor was fubar. He reckons once it's fixed I'll get better pickup and economy.
AnswerID: 7286

Reply By: Jordie - Wednesday, Oct 09, 2002 at 00:00

Gerry i also had an issue with fuel ecomony albiet in a different car but the result was the same .... you needed an extra wallet to pay for the juice. To that effect to get it down on my NB Pajero i have installed extractors and new exhaust system to the tip. I also had my carby over hauled and then had a Hi-Clone installed - now i have heard a lot of conflicting stories on these but int he real world the work differently in different cars, however mine made the 20% improvement in economy as promised. all up these improvements made me my economy improve by 35% alone. I now get 15l/100k's around the city and 12 in the country .... i once got the elusive 11.5!!!
AnswerID: 7297

Sponsored Links