Supplies on Cape York

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2114 Views:3328 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am planning a trip to Cape York for next year and need to know what supplies are available at the various settlements along the way. Obviously the things of most interest are Food, fuel and grog although comments on vehicle spares, tyres, servicing etc are also most welcome but hopefully we won't need them.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: jono - Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 08, 2002 at 00:00
G'day Gazza..I woudn't bother carrying more than 4 days food supplies with you as you can replenish at Laura,Coen, Weipa,Lockhart River and Bamaga quite adequately.I've probably missed a couple of places as well.Mechanical and tyre repairs at the above except Lockhart River.
Keep your tyre pressures down and you won't need the tyre repairs.
Booze..carry as much as you can..stock up at Mossman or Mareeba or wherever...as you will pay as much as $55 a slab of VB at Bamaga.
Fuel ..no probs ..add Hahn River,Musgrave,Archer River but prices will be up especially at Bamaga..about $1.20 /l ULP & diesel.
Have a great trip
AnswerID: 7257

Follow Up By: Gazza - Wednesday, Oct 09, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Oct 09, 2002 at 00:00
Jono, Thanks for that , pretty much as I expected.
FollowupID: 3334

Reply By: busysteve - Saturday, Oct 26, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Oct 26, 2002 at 00:00
I have to agree have the tyre presure down it will stop your 4be from falling apart from the corrigations mine did but i had my tyres to hard alession i learnt on the way home. And if you can take a fridge with you cause the ice is as dear as posion and all so take your meat from carns as the meat up there is crap. We bought some mince up there and couldnt eat it even the dog wouldnt eat. any hope i helped
steve
AnswerID: 7872

Sponsored Links