Black Wolf Turbo Tent

Submitted: Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 15:32
ThreadID: 21149 Views:3015 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Am seriously looking at this tent but have conflicting opinions whether you can pack it up without taking off the fly first. am told that as long as you disconnect the botrtom hooks into the poles that it is as simple as folding it all up in one go into the bag ... which of course makes it a very easy tent

only disadvantage i see is that the mesh windows don't go all the way to the ground & hence the reduced airflow

any opinions
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 16:49

Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 16:49
As an owner of the 300 Turbo, I can tell you, that leaving the fly on will only complicate things.

Attaching the fly, is the easiest part, and nothing is to be gained, by leaving it attached, as compared to lugging through it to find knuckles, etc.

We use ours in the mid summer here in SA, and have not found lack of flow through a problem.

Wolfie
AnswerID: 102082

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 19:51

Friday, Mar 11, 2005 at 19:51
I was told that with my Big Dome tent (that I have no retired to a second hand two pole canvas I might add) could be taken down and put back up with the fly still on, tried doing it once..... That's why I retired it! LOL

Coleman do a tent similar to the one I bought second hand, the two pole canvas job. One pole externally outside the tent and up she goes. Might be worth looking at, they were about $600 if I remeber which would be in the same league as the Black Wolf.
AnswerID: 102097

Reply By: Willykj - Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 08:59

Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 08:59
Hi Drew,

I have a Turbo Tent & love it. Went to Cape York last year for 7 weeks so it went up & down lots of times. No problems at all.

You wouldn't even try & pack it up with the fly attached - the fly just unclips from the 4 corners & it folds up very easily - it would be very difficult to fold it all up with the fly. It all fits in the bag easily.

WE found the ventilation very good - at Cape York we didn't zip up the front panel at all - just the mesh.

We previously had a large dome tent & found the ease of the Turbo tent great. Everyone that I saw with one thought they were very good - no one regretted their purchase.

Willy
AnswerID: 102143

Sponsored Links