permits in Cape York

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 08:56
ThreadID: 21161 Views:1576 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Looking for some info on travelling to the Tip (Cape York) what is the current price for the ferry at Jardine River and does it stiil include a permit?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Poppy (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 09:33

Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 09:33
Still $88 and includes permit
Was about 3 months ago anyway,watch alcohol ban from Jardine to the Tip
24 CANS of midstrength or lighter and 2 litres of unfortified wine, so no Bundy, "bugga"
Have a great trip
Cheers Poppy

AnswerID: 102146

Follow Up By: Member - Mike - Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 11:09

Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 11:09
Thanks Poppy
No VB eh "bugga" is right.
FollowupID: 359943

Reply By: Tripp'n Around - Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 13:11

Saturday, Mar 12, 2005 at 13:11
Hi Mike

If not going past Jardine R barge then you'll need a permit for Vrilya Pt at the barge.
The ranger patrols this very well, no permit = no stay.
You'll need permits for Elliot Falls, usually self registration there.
Skardon R needs a permit too which you can get at the Aboriginal council north of Weipa.
I think you can also get them at the mouth of the river when you get there where you have to report in at the Mines Dept, so they know who is about.

Get info by doing a search in the "Trip Planning" section above or best to buy or borrow Ron & Viv Moon's current book Cape York "An Adventures Guide", an excellent book full of info.

AnswerID: 102167

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (11)