Country People and thanks

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 14:37
ThreadID: 21262 Views:1954 Replies:10 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Well Thanks to several members of the crew here when my alternator s h i t itself.

Pesty for the power overnight that got me to where I was...

Eric for the charger pack - and lying sayin car would run back home with no batteries since its a diesel :P~

The Glenn and the Al's for being the only people out of about 2000000 cvnts (pox on them hope I get the change to p|ss all of them in the heat one day) that drove past a bloke and a 5yr old frying in 40 degree heat in middle of nowhere...bleepyou all.

Then there was the only person that was alive in Nulawill (SP?) that took us in, gave Cammo cold drinks, then drove me 40-50klms to pickup a new battery - and wanted nothing in return.. I gave her a tank of petrol for her time. Country people Rock...

Then the Diamonds for puttin me and Cammo up for the night while Auto spark fixed the alternator.. Thanks for Mr Diamond for the workshop to remove the old one, and Mrs D for showing us around a bit of Bendigo while waiting.. I'll be back, theres some facinating historical places round there.. I'll come back when tis 25 degrees though. Also to Mrs D, can I have a copy of them photos of that chicky that.. na wont go there..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 14:45

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 14:45
Hi Trucky, Glad you and Cammo got home safely....

cheers

Lyn
AnswerID: 102656

Follow Up By: Member - Browny (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 22:27

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 22:27
Truckster,

Your number plate isn't "Truckster" or something similar is it, that might explain all the drive buys....................... :-) Only kidding

Maybe all those 3.0 ltr Patrols you've been flaming for years?

Glad it all worked out..............for the young bloke anyway......... ;-)

Browny
FollowupID: 360381

Reply By: Glenn (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 14:59

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 14:59
Gooday Truckster and Cammo,

Glad you made it home safely. What was the issue with the alternator? Next time we catch up it will have to be in the Vic High Country, a bit closer to home for you and I. Nice to meet you both at last and may the next time be sooner than later.

Cheers

Glenn
AnswerID: 102657

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 15:59

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 15:59
Brushes in Alternator.

Yes High Country will rock.. You put the date up? How about last weeekend in May when the tracks are about to close - should be snow around then too !!

Hope ya like the wine - since we are moving sites, scored another dozen today :D
FollowupID: 360342

Follow Up By: Glenn (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 20:53

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 20:53
Brushes - good, nice and easy. Jim told me you also had it reconditioned so it should last another few years.

You probably know parts of the high country better than I, but end of May sounds OK as long as I am not on after hours support...should be able to alter that though. Snow would be a new buzz for me.

The wine bottle is sitting on the table, I will have to hide it or the wife will swipe it. I will enjoy it on the weekend I hope, with a nice juicy, rare porterhouse steak.

Cheers
FollowupID: 360371

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:33

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:33
What about the long weekend in June? The tracks were still open (just) that time last year and we did get some snow.

We'll be away the last two weeks of May unfortunately (well not really unfortunately, we have a holiday booked).

Love to be in it if it can work.

Cheers,

Jim.
FollowupID: 360375

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 16:59

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 16:59
Bruce, am pleased you got home ok but sorry as I was to hear of you problems the other evening, I was glad to hear the Diamonds shone through for you.

The attitude of the country lady has to be admired for helping out too for her assistance. I know you are a big hearted guy anyway, but she didn't, but she obviously placed her trust in nature. Good for her and also for you. :-)
AnswerID: 102671

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 17:34

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 17:34
Mate that sux but don't be bitter as that's the way it is these days. It's been shown that if you're half dead on the footpath most city folk will step around you and keep walking, people are in too much of a hurry and don't want to get involved. The EO crew are good though as you found out. I'm pleased you and Cam got home safely.
AnswerID: 102674

Reply By: Diamond (Vic) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 19:23

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 19:23
glad to hear you both made it home safe.
mrs d said it was a pleasure to have you both here for the night.
me i want some of what shes on lol.
cheers
AnswerID: 102689

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 20:01

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 20:01
sorry i didnt see ya mate as we detoured to Renmark/Berri and the monash adventure park for the kids.
then went home via Pinaroo(spud country maybe a tax expenditure??????)
so got home about (9:15 started work at 10 bummer) hate market nights.

see ya round
AnswerID: 102695

Reply By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 20:36

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 20:36
Glad it all worked out well Bruce,

And knowing the people who offered you assistance I'm not surprised. They are decent people. You know, they probably got more satisfaction from it than you; the old giving is more rewarding than receiving theory (not suggesting you were not appreciative as was evidenced by your filling the tank of the lady who helped you with your battery).

Pity I couldn't make it due to circumstances, but I look forward to meeting you in the near future.

Cheers,

Jim.
AnswerID: 102700

Reply By: Patrolman Pat - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:19

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:19
Sorry to hear about your strife Truckster, can't believe people just drive past stricken motorists in the country. Mr. Diamond would have been happy to help, he was telling me he had chores to do and needed to find a way to avoid them LOL.
AnswerID: 102709

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:41

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:41
Pat,

The number of people who just pass you by when you're in trouble is amazing.

I ripped an axle off a trailer at Fraser a few years back and many (very many) passed us by before two couples stopped and helped us get going.

You hate the many that pass, and love the odd one that stops.

Jim (diamond) is one of life's gentleman and his wife Tab is a fine lady.

I have had the pleasure of their company and look forward to it in the future.

Cheers,

Jim.
FollowupID: 360376

Reply By: Footloose - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:48

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:48
Times have changed, havent they. Great that it all turned out ok for you, and great to hear that not everyone has changed with the times :))
Of course there's the flip side of the coin. I've stopped for people only to be abused and conned. Then there's the safety and legal angles I guess.
I can remember stopping for a couple of 4wds with vans on who were stopped in the middle of the track, and asking em if they were Ok. Poor buggers must of been city folk as they weren't very friendly to say the least. If anyone stops for me I rekkon the sun shines out of their you know where, whether I need help or not.
If I see someone who needs help, I always work on the assumption that next time the positions could be reversed.
AnswerID: 102713

Reply By: Member - Matt Mu (Perth-WA) - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 14:32

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 14:32
Truckster,
Glad it worked out in the end and there was some positives to take away from a bad situation. At least you have made some new friends, can NEVER have too many of those and look....you have a reason for a post?? hahha 2 positives at least!!

I work on the hope that if I need help some one will stop for me as I would for them. Doesnt matter how many times you get shafted or conned, you cannot give up hope on the good people. The day we do that is the day the world officially goes to $hite!

Matt.
AnswerID: 102784

Sponsored Links