ICOM 400 Pro software

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 20:47
ThreadID: 21275 Views:12025 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
Thanks for the advice on UHF radios (which brand to buy) - posted early March.
I have just purchased an ICOM 400 Pro. As most Paj owners (and others) know there isn't a lot of available space to house the unit. After considerable thought I am considering placing the unit in the centre console by cutting the pen/sunglasses recess away in the cup holder assembly. Questions - 1. Have any Paj owners gone down this path and are there any unforseen obstacles that I should be aware of? 2. Does anyone know if the ICOM software & programming manual is availble as a download? 3. Antennas - what to buy? Any advice for a general all-round perfromance ie 4.5 vs 6 vs 9 Db types and brands. Putting the antenna on bull bar.

Many thanks!!!
Content D.id Paj owner - been everywhere where the bigger 4x4's have gone!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tuco - Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:49

Wednesday, Mar 16, 2005 at 21:49
Join the Yahoo Icom IC400Pro group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ic400pro/

Click this link

Once you have joined you will be able to download the software from the files section.

You will need to purchase a cloning cable in order to read and write to your radio. It is done through the microphone socket.

Tuco in Cairns
AnswerID: 102714

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 18:06

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 18:06
Yup, Tuco's spot on.

As far as antennas go, probally the best option is one of those elevated feed ground independant jobbies with the interchangable whips. That way you can use the 3db round town and the 6db on the highway.

You can easy pick one up for less that $00 bucks.
FollowupID: 360469

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 18:07

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 18:07
Oh yeah and we just fit one in my mates Daihatsu Feroza the other week. If we can get it in there, you'll have no probs with the Paj! LOL
FollowupID: 360470

Reply By: Tuco - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:57

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:57
Hi Tom57 - with regard to your mounting the IC400Pro - Many vehicles have a 'double DIN' opening in the dash. A lot of Japanese 4x4's have a radio head unit mounted in one and a pocket in the other.

I have used the space taken by the pocket on many vehicles that I've owned and used it for mounting a UHF radio. Some Electrophone models were a DIN size (eg TX4200) however the Icom is smaller than DIN size and this can present a problem.

Recently I fitted an Icom in my wife's Terios - simply by removing and doing away with the pocket below the radio/cd and used an Icom MB 400 DIN kit from Prestige Communications . The kit consists of an adjustable faceplate and 2 side mounting brackets that will take up the difference in width between the Icom and the DIN radio bracket. Comes complete with a good assortment of screws, nuts and washers to make the finished installation very neat.

Can send you a pic if you want.

Tuco

Tuco
AnswerID: 102776

Sponsored Links