Milford safety net

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:45
ThreadID: 21289 Views:3401 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm considering getting some sort of load restraint for the Challenger and found this product from Milford. Basically I don't like the idea of the full steel cargo barrier being there permanently and this safety net look like it is more what I need (put it up when needed, otherwise put it away and probably cheaper). Does anyone have feedback on them? What price, are they really working, can you still use the anchoring point in the roof of the boot to attach a baby seat, are they as easy to use as they say,...?
That's the link to their site (if I manage to do this properly): Milford Safety Net
Thanks,

Sly.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: crfan - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 14:54

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 14:54
You will have to check if they make one for your car I asked about them a while back and they only did them for the Rav4's Vitara's etc.
AnswerID: 102786

Follow Up By: slyonnet - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 15:03

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 15:03
They do them for the Challenger. Their website gives the full list if anyone else is interested.
FollowupID: 360451

Reply By: ROTORD - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 16:04

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 16:04
Hello Sly

Two things you may not have considered , the solid barrier has a good roll bar function , and , outside the range of the rear vision mirror the solid mesh is handy hanging space for recovery gear etc .
AnswerID: 102792

Reply By: Hacksaw - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 20:57

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 20:57
Was also considering one of these, but since they only make certain sizes, they don't provide full coverage. Therefore, the side sections, where all the small things tend to get thrown at the last minute are uncovered. That said, am still doing my homework on whether to go the full metal jacket option or not. From memory, there wasn't a lot of difference in the prices.
AnswerID: 102830

Reply By: Member - Allan - Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 23:45

Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 23:45
Sly, I am not familiar with the Milford net system but this type of barrier has been used in aircraft for years and it works well. You can simply 'unhook' as many points you need to get access to the rear storage area from the cabin (no more having to get out and go through the back doors).
I'm contemplating making up a simple steel frame to go around the inside edge of vehicle (which will provide some roll protection) and attach a removable net to it. Being a soft net it can be adjusted to secure a load in the rear seat compartment as well.
AnswerID: 102849

Sponsored Links