Help needed with connections for aux fuel tank HJ61

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 17, 2005 at 23:18
ThreadID: 21305 Views:1509 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I have installed an Opposite Lock Aux fuel tank between the tailshaft and chassis of my HJ61, and am needing some advice on which pipes to connect to on the vehicle.

Two Opposite Lock stores have told me they are not interested 'in second hand crap' and were not at all keen to even point at the pipes and tell me which ones go where. It puzzles me as how quickly their product goes from being quality when installed in the original vehicle, to crap when it goes into another! As I've been told twice, 'We're in the business of selling new'. Sigh, no wonder this site is popular!!

However to give one store credit, he went to the trouble of copying the installation instructions and emailing them to me.

Trouble is there are no pictures and apparent critical gaps in the info. Probably makes simple sense to someone that has done heaps of instals, but it looks to me like there are supposed to be 6 outlets on the new tank, when in fact there are only 4. As can be expected, the instal instructions doesn't explain which pipe does what, so it makes it harder to figure things out.

I have found out this installation works by syphoning fuel from the main tank into the aux tank, which then becomes the main feed tank. I could go to the expense and hassle of fitting a three way ball valve - $60 - to control the draw from either tank, but if they can be set up to be 'automatic' as apparently designed, that would be better.

Does anyone have an HJ61 with an Opposite Lock belly tank that can help me out?

Thanks
Tim

tim at peoplehelp dot com dot au
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Davoe - Friday, Mar 18, 2005 at 12:57

Friday, Mar 18, 2005 at 12:57
dont know how much I can help but i would have thought it should have 4 tubes going to it - one to fill it (big one for refuiling) 1 for supply and 1 for return and 1 breather. you can get solonoids that will automatically control the drawer - standard yotas have 2 3 way solonoids 1 for return and 1 for supply. I have seen a single solonoid that operates the lot. Or another way (my van is like this) is to have a fuel pump that pumps fuel from the sub to the main not ideal but it works
AnswerID: 102910

Sponsored Links