Diesel GQ Patrol help ! .............(1)

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 12, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2132 Views:1524 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I've just bought a Diesel 93 GQ with 330000k on it. I have've found it shudder from around 800 rpm up to 1200rpm and beyond this range it run smooth. The vibration is very uncomfortable especially when offroading, the eng always fall between this rpm range.
Is there anybody has same experience ? Any expert can give me a help on how can I get rid of the vibration ?
I would be appreciate for any advice or opinion. Thanks! Patrol mate
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: colin watson - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Col here again ,the vibration is normal it comes from loading up the motor at low revs, try a lower gear or more throttle to get above the vibration, driveing a diesal is completly different to a petrol motor and takes a bit of getting used to, on the h/way you have to keep the revs up, the best range is 2200 to 3000 revs, dont be afraid to drop down a gear to keep the revs up to get up a hill, same on the beach put the boot in to it, just caurse they are noisey you are not doing any harm thats how they are desinged. To solve your problems i fitted a supercharger. Col
AnswerID: 7452

Follow Up By: Iamgq - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks you so much Colin! I really appreciate your valurable opinion. Yes, I drove my old 84 4 cylinder petrol Pajero to offroad for almost 3 years before i finally retire it and they are completely 2 different thing even both of them are 4WD. I still need sometime to get more familar with diesel 4WD. I have already heard many mate said Diesel 4WD need to be pushed hard (I mean driving gentle is good but not always the case) and ask you said, it may be true to give it a bit more throttle.
Thank again and hope keep in touch in this forum.
FollowupID: 3407

Sponsored Links