Pedestrian Attack

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 20:40
ThreadID: 21383 Views:2260 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
On the way home one night from picking up a just purchased jayco camper recently I was plodding along when I saw a guy running across the road (6 lanes) from the other side, initally looking like he was going to take on the bull bar. As I got closer he must have heard me coming and baulked as I approached (luckily for him). At about the same time I lost sight of him, but just then there was an almighty bang, I looked in the mirror too see him rolling down the road, the stupid bugger had run fair into the side of the camper. I pulled up only to see him recover enough to continue along the footpath straight past me (as if he thought I had'nt noticed the incident) and dissappear into the night. On closer inspection of the camper I found they guy had sheered off the grab handle and clearance light and dented the side. I also found that with the light broken none of the other lights worked. Cost me about $20 to repair the damage.
Do you think Mr Scruby is interested in Pedestrian Stupidity ????

Stu
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 21:03

Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 21:03
Since you were driving a 4wd with a bull bar it was obviously your fault. If your nasty eco destroying beast hadn't of pulling a trailer he wouldn't of run into anything would he. Guess how much air time your story would warrent.
Now if the guy had of killed himself on the bullbar guess how many newspapers and TV stations would be in a feeding frenzy !
AnswerID: 103204

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 21:16

Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 21:16
He was drunk

You have been the victim of a tight arse movie producer shooting a b grade film...look out for your camper on the big screen...coming soon

Some idiot trying to win some cheap cash on funny videos...look out for your camper on the little screen

Truckster rushing to the auto electrician

Lone Wolf....God only knows
AnswerID: 103209

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 22:00

Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 22:00
Obviously he wasnt driving fast enough to rid the world of these inferior genetic compositions
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 360810

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:04

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:04
You are just simply not playing fair!

How many times have we told you, if you are going to turn on the anti cloaking device, PLEASE also remember to increase power to the shields.

Now, if you remember from your academy days, a setting of 3.7 is all that's required for stray human life forms.

Captain Wolf.
AnswerID: 103246

Reply By: Nudenut - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:17

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 08:17
you should have reported the incident...incase he claims hit and run

at the very least record all details for your records ..time conditions etc etc

hope he is hurt...not too bad but enough so he wont be so stupid next time
AnswerID: 103251

Reply By: Member - Bernard - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:17

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:17
Croozer -- Nudenut is spot on. There's risk that Mad Pedestrian took your rego number so you'd be better to record details and give to both Police and your insurance company. This being on the basis of reporting for record basis, not making actionable claim to Police nor lodging claim with insurance.
AnswerID: 103273

Reply By: floyd - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 15:56

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 15:56
Q. Why did he not stop???
A. Because he was doing something wrong and didn't want to get caught.

He may have been an undesirable escaping a crime scene. I think that as a responsible citizen you should report it as it may be evidence in a case for a crime. Also it may assist you in getting off a hit and run charge.

I would report it and I am dodgy.
AnswerID: 103308

Follow Up By: Bob of KAOS - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 21:24

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 21:24
I'm dodgy ....... I am still laughing Floyd
FollowupID: 360920

Sponsored Links