Fraser Is. Cleanup

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 21:28
ThreadID: 21386 Views:1868 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering who is planning on going to the Toyota Fraser Is. Cleanup over Anzac W/E.??

I'll be over there with CQ OFFRoaders dutifully picking up rubbish somewhere... Should be a great weekend
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 07:48

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 07:48
Count us in! We're with the Gold Coast Four Wheel Drive Club and the cleanup has become our annual Fraser trip. We'll be there from the Friday before the weekend till the following Saturday..... my annual holiday! Our truck wears ExplorOz stickers on each side, if you see us, say g'day! (We'll be on UHF 15)
AnswerID: 103244

Follow Up By: Greggo - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 14:22

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 14:22
Great! we'll be on channell 30uhf.. hope to see you there.... possibly at the cook up!
FollowupID: 360885

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:37

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:37
You would think with mainly 4 wheel drivers going to Frazer, it would be clean all the time. Maybe thats telling us something!!!
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 103279

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 17:12

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 17:12
Yeah... well you're right here.... but it ain't just 4by'er's that go there... there's also backpackers and fishermen. And as much as fisher peoples are gonna scream at this.... I have found more rubbish over the years as a result of fishermen leaving behind their:
A) Bait bags
B) Beer/Bourbon/Rum/Scotch bottles
C)Pie wrappers

So while "WE" aren't the ONLY culprits, at least "WE" get off our backsides and do something about it..... and get to have a great party weekend at the same time!!!!

So c'mon all you Qld clubbies..... get over to Fraser for the party... I mean cleanup!!!! LOL....

FollowupID: 360897

Reply By: Member - Brian (Gold Coast) - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 17:16

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 17:16
Yeah... well you're right here.... but it ain't just 4by'er's that go there... there's also backpackers and fishermen. And as much as fisher peoples are gonna scream at this.... I have found more rubbish over the years as a result of fishermen leaving behind their:
A) Bait bags
B) Beer/Bourbon/Rum/Scotch bottles
C)Pie wrappers

So while "WE" aren't the ONLY culprits, at least "WE" get off our backsides and do something about it..... and get to have a great party weekend at the same time!!!!

So c'mon all you Qld clubbies..... get over to Fraser for the party... I mean cleanup!!!! LOL....
AnswerID: 103329

Reply By: Wisey (NSW) - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 18:58

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 18:58
This, and all the other cleanups, should go to the press to balance some of the negatives that are heaped upon the (4wd), OFFROAD fraternity. We might drive those awful fuel suckers (?) and parking space invaders but are community and enviromentaly minded citizens who care and clean up after those who are lacking when it comes to taking rubbish to the proper area for disposal.

Regards
Andy
AnswerID: 103344

Reply By: Rocket Salad - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 13:59

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 13:59
Hi all,
long time lurker, first time poster.

We are from Noosa but we used to live on Fraser.

The Mrs and I just got back from Fraser last week (5nights camping). Being the nerdy triathlete type of guy I am, I took swim googles with me when swimming at Lake McKenzie.The amount of trash/crap on the bottom is dissapointing to see. The lake is approx 30 feet deep and not many people are capable of free diving this deep.
Next time we go I'm going to clean it up. It will be a huge job and a little risky but it has to be done.

RS
Terracan diesel owner
AnswerID: 103719

Sponsored Links