Stockton Beach

Submitted: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 214 Views:1846 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have never been to stockton beach before and was wondering if someone could tell me of any laws that exist to the camping on the beach. Does anyone know of any good spots to camp? Can you camp on top of the dunes overlooking the water?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tim - Wednesday, May 09, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 09, 2001 at 00:00
Mark,
Stockton is a pretty good beach for 4X4ing and its huge. Camping was not permitted on the beach when it patrolled by council rangers however the council have stopped issuing beach passes and one would assume that they no longer patrol the beach. In saying that, the beach is an awsome place to camp and so many people do it every weekend. You can find good campsites all along the beach, the only problem is kindling for a fire, there is plenty of drift wood but no kindling.
If you wanna know the sights of Stocko and where to find them let me know and Ill fill you in.
Tim
AnswerID: 441

Follow Up By: Mark - Thursday, May 10, 2001 at 00:00

Thursday, May 10, 2001 at 00:00
Tim,

Thatd be great if you could let me know some of the sights and locations of stockton beach. Email me at fly00r@hotmail.com (the 00s in the address are zeroes). Thanks very much for your help as i have never been to stockton beach before.
FollowupID: 106

Reply By: Nicole - Thursday, May 10, 2001 at 00:00

Hi Mark
We were up at Stockton a couple of weekends ago and had a great time. The dunes are quite amazing and you can actually imagine youre in the middle of the desert.

We were originally going to camp in the dunes but didnt really find anywhere suitable (not that there is no where suitable, it just got a little late cause we were having so much fun on the dunes!)so stayed in one of the caravan parks in Anna Bay.

The one we chose was great. The camping section was right down the back away from the caravaners and we were able to have an open fire. Theyve got BBQ plates set up over the fires as well if you like. We had our own cooking gear and lit a fire close by. There was a heap of wildlife - Koalas, sugar gliders and goannas and the owners were really friendly. The parks name is Middle Rock Village Park -
AnswerID: 445

Reply By: Nicole - Thursday, May 10, 2001 at 00:00

Sorry, pressed the submit button accidentally.

The parks name is Middle Rock Village Park and its the last one along Gan Gan Road (past One Mile Beach Caravan Park) towards Nelson Bay. Have a great time.
AnswerID: 446

Reply By: Brett H - Saturday, May 12, 2001 at 00:00

Saturday, May 12, 2001 at 00:00
Permits are again being sold but enforcement will not take place until 30/6/2001 so get up there before you need to pay. Plenty of people camp on the beach.
AnswerID: 453

Sponsored Links