nth west QLD - Chudleigh Pk to Agate Ck

Submitted: Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 18:42
ThreadID: 21407 Views:1859 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
I'm going fossicking over Easter and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with the route from Chudleigh Park, which is on the Kennedy Development Road almost exactly between Hughenden and The Lynd Junction, and Agate Creek which is approximately 100km south of Georgetown via Forsayth.

As I see it I have two options for travelling from Chudleigh Park To Agate Creek.

I could take the main road route from Chudleigh Park, up the Kennedy Dev Rd, turning NW at The Lynd Junction, turning East at Einasleigh, SW at Forsayth to Agate Creek.

Or I could take the more direct route on minor roads from Chudleigh Park, turning East off the Kennedy Dev Rd at Lyndhurst, following that road to Table Mt, turning SW and following the road to Iona and then turning North to Agate Creek. The last section from Iona to Agate Creek is marked as 4wd only.

Just wonding if anyone has any advice on either or both of these routes.

thanks a lot, any advice is appreciated.

matt
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Meggs - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 23:59

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 23:59
Towed a Jayco outback camper over the road form Forsayth to Lynd Junction last year and it was good dirt road. We stayed at Forsayth and went out to Cobbold Gorge and the Agate creek turnoff is on this road.
AnswerID: 103390

Reply By: Moose - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 14:45

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 14:45
G'day Matt
Whenever you have a choice of main road or minor back roads, take the latter. They are generally so much more interesting. Make sure you have some decent maps and that you know how to read them. R U towing? - may influence decision.
Hope you find a nice gem of two!
AnswerID: 103434

Follow Up By: mattlobie - Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 20:59

Tuesday, Mar 22, 2005 at 20:59
Not planning on towing - as long as we can fit all our gear plus 4 ppl in the cruiser, so we'll see. My biggest worry is the time factor. The map I've got marks the minor route as a 4x4 only track in some places. So I was hoping someone might know the condition of the road and could give me an extimate of how long it'll take. The minor route is a lot shorter but it could be bad enough that it takes longer in the end to go that way.

thanks for your help

matt
FollowupID: 361013

Sponsored Links