2.7L Prado Sub Tank

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 12:52
ThreadID: 21463 Views:2663 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have fitted a sub tank out of a GXL V6 Prado into my sister-in-laws 2.7L Prado. I have wired it the same as how it came out of a GXL. Can anyone tell me, does the wiring on the main tank need to be altered? Such as to switch it off when you want to use the sub tank. The wiring loom in the dash has the plugs, wiring etc to plug the gauge and switch into, however the wiring loom changes from the kick panel to the tank. I copied the wiring back to the sub tank off a mates GXL however I would like some input before I go any further.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 17:10

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 17:10
No replies :-(((

Haven't heard of anyone who's tried what you've done, and I've been on the Prado groups since they started. I think you might be largely on your own here.

I'll assume that you would have bought the fuel pump and sender assembly that sits inside the tank as well as the two fuel solenoids that install in front of the subtank.

Some 2.7 owners have fitted the aftermarket subtanks, which use bypass any hassles by using a transfer pump to transfer petrol to the main tank.
AnswerID: 103742

Sponsored Links