Rally Oz

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 20:57
ThreadID: 21475 Views:2165 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Not really a 4wd topic but I'm peed of with the WA Govt. Just got my Rally Oz letter from the Hon Mark McGowan MLA (Minister for Tourism) trying to explain to me, a Rally Volunteer, why the Govt of WA will no longer support the Rally. You guest it, we didn't make enough money only $1.60 for every $ spent. I wish i could get that return on my money. Again our delightful govt is selling us short. This event is the biggest motor sport event in WA and arguably the bigest motor sport event in Aust. So why lose it to some other country?

If you, like me are incensed by this lunacy put your name where your mouth is at
http://www.petitiononline.com/rallyaus/

Glad I got that of my chest.

Dunc
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:41

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:41
2681 signatures... I did my bit. Love my motorsport but unfortunately it rarely ever gets TV coverage at a reasonable hour... I reckon they lose thousands of viewers as a result of this. If it had coverage like Bathurst, I may become the next motorsport Mecca.
AnswerID: 103649

Reply By: thepilot - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:50

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:50
Hey Duncan ..

I have left my 2c worth on the rally. What a joke it would have to be the best rally out side of Europe ......
Another thing, How did you go with the rack for the jerry and the suspension ?

Dave
AnswerID: 103650

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:58

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:58
Got a Waeco 50l fridge last weekend, so have to save a few more pennies before i can afford the suspension. Can get a Thule rack that will fit, question is do I get mor than just the 2 bars or do I get 3 or 4 so as to distribute the load better, and fit a basket as well. Tough Dog by OL might be the way to go also.

Time will tell. Got to win Lotto first.

Dunc
Dunc

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 361173

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 07:28

Thursday, Mar 24, 2005 at 07:28
Gday Dunacan

The numbers for lotto next week are...

5, 8, 24, 33, 42, 45.

Hope that helps.

iMusty
FollowupID: 361197

Reply By: Member - Geoff M (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:54

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 21:54
Hello Duncan,
Recorded my vote. Part of me can't believe the stupidity of our politicians and the other part can so see it's a decision they are capable of.
How do you measure the true profitability of an international sporting event?
This clown would be the sort that would knock back the world cup soccer because it's not the most popular winter sport in WA.

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 103653

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 22:02

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 22:02
The stupid thing is that WA has the rights to the rally for the next 2 years. Our pollies are now suggesting that we let the Vics have the last year. What will they think of next?

Dunc.
Dunc

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 361174

Follow Up By: Member - Geoff M (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 22:15

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 22:15
Makes you wonder what the retards think the term "Public Service" means.
Best guess is, they are the stud bull and they serve it up to the public!!

Geoff.
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

FollowupID: 361176

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:11

Wednesday, Mar 23, 2005 at 23:11
i would hazard a guess that the FIA / WRC have asked for more money to hold the event in WA, as they are under huge pressure from many 'new' countries to hold rounds of the F1 and WRC in particular. just look at what the arabs and asians have spent to get an F1 round held there, The FIA , F1 , WRC etc are all private money making entities, and will follow the cash anywhere.

BUT DAMN, its a great round of the champs, and just as we are getting an aussie up there in the quality end of the field.
AnswerID: 103669

Reply By: uncle - Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 05:32

Friday, Mar 25, 2005 at 05:32
Yep! just typical of our idiots that rule this country,thank god I didnt fight in the front line of the gulf war with one of them!Would have ended up with a rocket up my u know what with one of them making dceisions.I rallied against young Chris Atkinson's dad ,John ,way back in the mid 80's,and what a competitor he was also! Good to see the young bloke is following along in dads footsteps and he should do team Subaru proud over the next few months.Cheers all and have a good and safe easter.....
AnswerID: 103800

Sponsored Links