My first ice free weekend!

Submitted: Monday, Mar 28, 2005 at 22:10
ThreadID: 21567 Views:2448 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
After having a bit of a whinge earlier I should mention that my recently purchased engel and even more recently purchased ice box (kookaburra) had there first foray into the bush for some camping on the weekend so by freezing bottles of water before leaving on friday morning and placing in the "kooka" for the food and of course drinks and meat in the fridge ment I had my first ice free camping trip!

What a bonus that is nothing soggy no paranoia in packing away stuff in eskies (especially after a few drinks when the "care factor" is pretty low and when we arrived home sunday night still 70% ice in the bottles! admittedley pretty tame conditions in the vic high country but none the less a combination I well and truly suggest saving some biccies for, for those that are considering giving the eskie and ice set up the raspberry & sars.

Happy Days..............Browny

P.S. Watched a young bloke from a neighbouring camp delicately position his esky on the tailgate of his ute while drainig out the water only to see the lot go B...s up and end up in the dirt..............Once was me I thought.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Monday, Mar 28, 2005 at 22:44

Monday, Mar 28, 2005 at 22:44
Browny, have a 10 litre ice block now which I won't salt, and just use for drinking water afterwards. It's in one of those containers with a wine cask outlet from spring water. Should be good for drinking a few days out when the food is out of the ice box.
AnswerID: 104077

Follow Up By: V8Diesel - Monday, Mar 28, 2005 at 23:22

Monday, Mar 28, 2005 at 23:22
Good idea!
FollowupID: 361570

Follow Up By: Member - Browny (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 19:03

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 19:03
Thanks John,

I thought about the best options for freezing the water, I decided on several smaller (500ml) bottles and spread throughout the esky, but 1 large one would probably last a bit longer...............maybe?

Browny
FollowupID: 361660

Sponsored Links