ExplorOz Log-on for members

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2157 Views:2634 Replies:8 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
This issue still confuses me; I've noticed that I get auto-logged on as a visitor even though I am a member; maybe because I ticked auto-logon before I joined.
But how do I switch it off so I get auto-logged on as a member?

I managed to track down the log on form but it's near the bottom of the home page so not very obvious. hence I'm manually logged in as a member now while I'm typing this.
Other sites have logon/visitor status switch on every page; can we have that? (yes I know it turns red if I'm logged on as a member, but we need an easier way to achive that log-on)
Maybe it's just me .. ?
rgds
Welshmun
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Sam - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00
Doug, you could try locating any explor cookies (will look like @www.exploroz.com[1].txt) and deleting them. Then when you return to the web site, click on the login section and enter your details for your Member profile. This should now store the correct information.
AnswerID: 7424

Reply By: Member - Sam - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00

Doug, you could try locating any Exploroz cookies in your cookies folder (will look like @www.exploroz.com[1].txt) and deleting them. Then when you return to the web site, click on the login section and enter your details for your Member profile. This should now store the correct information.
AnswerID: 7425

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00

Doug,It is meant to be very easy. All you need to do is logoff as a visitor using the logoff button in the Orange Visitor Bar. This will make the System Logon button appear again on the LHS of the page. Then hit the System Logon Button and clear out the email address and password fields and enter your memberid and member password - leave AutoLogon turned on and hit logon. Your computer will now logon as a Member every time your return to the site.Due to system issues you cannot be logged on as a Visitor and Mamber at the same time so the key is you MUST logoff from your Visitor account before you can logon as a member. Let me know directly if this does/doesn't resolve your issues. (Basically deleting the cookies will do the same thing but it is not the prefered way).David
AnswerID: 7442

Doug,As for the logon/visitor status switch on every page that is what the Orange Bar/Red Bar is all about. It shows you your current status and both have a logoff button to allow you to logoff and logon as a different user type. I understand where the confusion may come from but I cannot think of a better way to present the logons - Any Ideas from anyone accepted.David
AnswerID: 7444

Follow Up By: Member - Doug - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00

David,
Just a suggestion:
I see the logoff button on the red and orange bars, but if you hit it, you then have to find the System Logon button which is in a totally different place at bottom left border.
How about keeping another bar (green or blue?) in the same style as the red or orange one which indicates status "logged off" and the System Logon button is on that bar?
rgds
Doug
FollowupID: 3413

Reply By: Member - Doug - Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002 at 00:00

Clciking on the email link to access the replies above seems to have logged me in as member, so I must have gone through the sequence suggested i.e. logoff as a visitor, then ensure I logon as a member with the autologin box ticked.
All OK now, we can close this thread.
Thanks for responding , all.
AnswerID: 7445

Excellent idea I will do it tomorrow in all my spare time. No really this is a perfect idea - I will not use green as a customer is green but I will find a colour I have not yet used and make it work - Thanks very much - it is sometimes hard to see the easy answer when you work on the thing all day.David
AnswerID: 7463

Doug,I was so inspired that I have now implemented this change thanks very much.David
AnswerID: 7465

Reply By: Rodeoowner - Wednesday, Oct 16, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Oct 16, 2002 at 00:00
OK at the risk of being a dill.....I don't log in. I have an light blue strip at the top which says, 'not logged on', but I can still reply to messages? Is this the way it works?
AnswerID: 7494

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Thursday, Oct 17, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Oct 17, 2002 at 00:00
You will not be able to reply soon. I will be turning on logon checking for these shortly - It has just been one of those jobs that I have not got around to. There is no reason not to be logged on in fact the system will automatically fill in your details if you are logged in this saves you time. We do not track you or anything so it is strage that you would not be logged in. I would suggest that you login and set the Auto Logon - this means that the system will automatically log you in on every visit.David.
FollowupID: 3469

Sponsored Links