Anyone heading East (melb) on weekend?

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:05
ThreadID: 21591 Views:2293 Replies:5 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Friday..

How did you like the pricks at EVERY town heading out towards Taralgon pushing the WALK button to stop traffic!!! BURN THE CFA. You make of CFA what you will, I have my own meaning now.

They couldnt understand why there was a 5klm traffic jam, VERY VERY VERYbleepoff people threatening them with beatings and death, then to top it off, one of them stood in the CENTER of the road, ON THE WHITE LINES between the 2 lanes while traffic tried to go around him!! I stopped to let him go to the center island, he said no, Im fine thanks, I wound down the window, and informed him of the 5klm traffic jam, and that within 10 mins he maynot as safe as mummy told him he was, once a few car loads of yobs got near him...

Then every town with the same thing.. its 1 road with very few turnoffs in them klms. You cant expect people to give $$ at EVERY SET OF LIGHTS.

Yes, how to make friends and influence people.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Glenn (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:43

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:43
We drove through Corryong a few times on Friday....everytime they wanted a donation....but after doing it twice, plus once in Walwa, I decided NO MORE. Funny though, it was only kids collecting, while the adults sat on chairs on the centre median strip. Having also donated when they came knocking on Wednesday night at home, I think I had given enough to the appeal, especially seeing as I dont ask for a receipt to claim on my annual taxes.
AnswerID: 104164

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:52

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:52
wait till they start again on the latest Earthquake...
then the next 100 quakes.

it will be so good over there in the end, there wont be any thatched huts, but everyone will have their own 100 bedroom temple with diamond encrusted solid gold taps.
FollowupID: 361643

Follow Up By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 18:30

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 18:30
Got stopped twice in Corryong and then the CFA brought a truck load of kids into the caravan park. Happy to give, but not to feel guilt when i say no cause we have already given 3 times before...
FollowupID: 361657

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:53

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:53
Not only these Bruce, but have had lollypop person without any children or adults in tow, press the pedestrian button just to let in the side road traffic. People like these are really irresponsible in disruption to the traffic flow. We had the people in the local town but the limit of the jam was about four cars.

I can understand the frustration I am saying and I hope they will take note as I thought they should in handling traffic exiting Wandin 4by show.
AnswerID: 104166

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 17:05

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 17:05
goodday john
how are you both
what a m,arvellous thing the map is once its loaded properly

took about 4 hrs sat morning but finally got it sussed out and can now travel witghout joins in the maps

steve
FollowupID: 361645

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:57

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 16:57
They have a feedback email address, tell them about it... I did.
feedback@cfa.vic.gov.au
AnswerID: 104167

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 17:02

Tuesday, Mar 29, 2005 at 17:02
goodday bruce
yeah we went up to moe and trafalgar was bad enough banked up for 2 ks back towards melb if i had known would have crossed the train tracks earlier

steve
AnswerID: 104168

Reply By: Member - Royce- Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 00:16

Wednesday, Mar 30, 2005 at 00:16
As I said in a previous post.... how come we pay taxes for hospitals? If 10 mill is raised, does that mean that 10 million dollars of taxes are not needed any more? Why just one hospital...? The telethon drove me mad. My wife is a nurse and now an ambo. I'm very proud of her. But it's a job... I guess she is a bit of a hero sometimes....but a receptionist can be a hero too. Why are ALL the little children 'brave'... the poor little tikes are sick and have no choice. Still can't get over paying out money not to feel guilty when I already paid in taxes. More taxes needed? Okay.. tax more. Taxes can't really pay for the Salvos and Red Cross. Not so worrie about paying out a bit for them.

Tin shakers.... good guys, but yep a nuisance..... 'specially in Traralgon where I got waylaid over 8 times just going about my business.

Grumble, mumble..
AnswerID: 104248

Sponsored Links