Telstra - CDMA and PC Pack

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 19:17
ThreadID: 21667 Views:1955 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Thems fighting words from now on.

Did lotsa research on getting access to Internet remotely using u-beaut CDMA phone with 1x capability.

No problems subscribe to a casual PC Pack time for $29 month with 10hours (15min blocks) access included then $2.50 per 15mins. That'll do me I says.

Well its the ned of the month and time to sign up, as usual nobody in the telstra shops knows what I'm tlking about. Mobile Internet!!! I'll get the ADSL expert, no deary "MOBILE INTERNET", oh! and then the penny drops and she gets out a MAXON MINIMAX wireless CDMA modem, nearly deary but I've got all the hardware I need, I just want to sign up to the PC Pack Hourly system.

Two "consultants" later and I'm sitting at the desk watching her sign me up when I note that my mobile phone is about to have its afterhours cheap rates disconnected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I says that can't be right!!!! %$#@$%#^%$#^

Oh she says lets backstep.

Well Girls and Boys the PC Pack Hourly is not available unless you have a PC card Sierra or Maxon.

&^%&^$^% &%&^%&^

After one our of *&%&^%^% around I now own a Maxon MiniMax with a casual $29 monthly account (no contract)

They agreed the information on their web pages did not match what they could sell/supply me so discounted the Maxon device.

Bloody thing betta work.

Grumpy greetings to all.

(By the way don't ask me about Energy Australia either)

Russell

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: KiwiAngler - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 20:00

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 20:00
I too have found the 'consultants' really don't know about the internet/cdma interconnectivity at all.

This statement would apply equally to all the providors

If I was a service provider I reckon I would be getting my staff 'up to speed' on this because there is definitely a market and no providor is really tapped into it.

The first one to get it sorted will do very well methinks :-).
AnswerID: 104554

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 20:13

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 20:13
Hahahahaaha.....you should try ringing Telstra about a Satphone question
\Once you get past the voice activated prompt which cannot understand the 'accent' hahahahahaha

Yes Sir our Mobile Service....

No no no no.........S A T E L L I T E telephone.....What?............You don't know?

But you advertise this number from your account to me as the contact number

Yes but........

No BUTS! Get your act together......Now who do I ring

OK Sir I'll put you through to the right department.

(5 minutes go by listening to inane music)

Hello How may I help you?

Hello I am ringing about a Satellite.................

Satellite phone?????..............

YES!!!

Sorry Sir I'll put you through to..........

AAAArrrrgggghhhhhh FORGET IT!!!! Hang up in disgust
AnswerID: 104565

Follow Up By: Footloose - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 21:40

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 21:40
My better half nearly goes crazy trying to get their voice recognition thingy to work. She doesn't have an accent , and speaks for a living. She rekkons that being a non violent person she'd like them to drop it in the bin.
I'm also non violent , but I'm afraid my suggestion didn't reflect it :))
FollowupID: 361918

Follow Up By: Member - Meggs - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 22:00

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 22:00
You're lucky you can get some one to talk to. When I ring up I seen to get the New Delhi or Karachi branch of Telstra.
FollowupID: 361924

Follow Up By: Dave from Fraser Coast 4WD Club - Friday, Apr 01, 2005 at 23:33

Friday, Apr 01, 2005 at 23:33
ring your local telstra country-wide store directly
FollowupID: 362059

Reply By: Footloose - Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 22:12

Thursday, Mar 31, 2005 at 22:12
I refuse to deal with the Punjab branch of Telstra.
Am I racist ? Nope. Don't get me started on political correctness :((
But would they buy a curry from me ? Bet your ...tootsies they wouldnt.
So why should I buy a Telstra plan from them ?
AnswerID: 104600

Reply By: old-plodder - Friday, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:06

Friday, Apr 01, 2005 at 08:06
Had a friend who is a social worker go over to Mombai (Bombay is the old colonial name) late last year.
The call centres over there have only just started up in the last 3 years.
There is now 2 million people working in call centres, and it is expected to be 5 million by the end of the year. In a city with a population of just over 20 million.

But what I found interesting was his concern for these people.
Evidnetly they are all paid on piece work by results, and a pittance at that.
And stress is such a major issue, that they are having massive problems with breakdowns and other stress related problems with the workers. Unheard of before over there. The turnover in staff is massive and no WH&S come come back or sick leave. They just get thrown out of the door due to lack of performance.

Must be all these aussuies that get upset with them because they can't understand the accent :-).

Seriously though, I think it is a major concern when big corporations can abuse the little people of this world, both workers and customers, for the sake of a few more dollars added to the profit margin.
AnswerID: 104629

Follow Up By: ev700 - Friday, Apr 01, 2005 at 10:09

Friday, Apr 01, 2005 at 10:09
So I take it that they are just a bit ahead of us with workplace reform?

Has our Chamber of Commerce and Industry been informed?

We need skilled workers from overseas to further reduce working conditions here. Not.
FollowupID: 361976

Reply By: Member - Russell B (SA) - Friday, Apr 01, 2005 at 20:28

Friday, Apr 01, 2005 at 20:28
The last word, the bloody thing works as advertised.

73cents per 15min block and speed is alright, not as good a cable but heck its portable.

Regards

Russell
AnswerID: 104716

Sponsored Links