Parts For High Mount Winch

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 14:01
ThreadID: 21737 Views:1426 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All...

My winch called it quits the other week and have finally removed it from the front of the car (What a job..)and discovered that the back of the plug to which the remote connects to has fallen to bits.
I have a parts list for it which states that you can only buy the complete unit(Solenoid pack) etc does not state anything about the female conector.

Does anyone know if these are able to be bought; or am i going to have to look at putting some other form of plug on there, Not to keeen on having to replace the entire solenoid pack if i don't have to

Cheers in advance,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kiwi Ray - Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 14:11

Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 14:11
Hi Jolly
I assume you are talking about a Warn 8274.
If you have an RS Electrical Co near you they have a nimber of plugs and sockets that will do the job, why not fit a switch inside the truck, much easier to use.
Or see if you can find some one who has a spare control pack and purchase the cover
AnswerID: 104914

Reply By: Peter 2 - Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 18:10

Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 18:10
I've seen a few people use a round trailer plug and socket quite successfully and as has been suggested run three wires back inside (woolies 240 extn cords are ideal, cut the plugs off) and connect to a centre off spring loaded aerial switch which are available from auto accessory places.
AnswerID: 104946

Reply By: geocacher (djcache) - Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 20:28

Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 20:28
Try SG Leslie & Co - Engineers in West Heidelberg in Melbourne.
Leslie S G & Sons Pty Ltd
..Shock Absrbrs Reprs 19 Mologa Rd Heidelberg West 3081 (03) 9459 2859

They specialise in rebuilding winches and I dare say have a healthy box of bits and pieces from the ones that didn't make it.

AnswerID: 104970

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)