Cobb oven's and service.

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 21:11
ThreadID: 21754 Views:3193 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
just had to let you guys know about this one.
a few weeks ago we bought a Cobb oven.
today, experimenting with the cooking prowess of SWMBO,
the little one ,,,,who is only three,,,,,knocked the lid off the bench onto the floor.
( gotta say that not much can withstand a fall onto a tile floor with out some form of breakage..) :) oh,,,,yes the lid was cold.....
anyhoot, the plastic handle on top of the lid broke.
sent an e-mail off to Cobb, not expecting a reply till tommorrow.
got one back already, telling us that they will sent a new handle for no cost, as well as a recipe book.
now that is service for ya. i sure didnt expect such a quick reply, or to get a new handle for free.
so,,,,even tho i am not in any way connected to Cobb,,,i'm giving them a real big thumbs up for customer service. and a good probuct.
if you aint got one,,,,go get one.....:)

rick.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 22:47

Sunday, Apr 03, 2005 at 22:47
That's great Rick. I actually had a similar good experience today from 4X4Equip based in Melbourne. Sent them an inquiry email last night and like you not expecting a reply until tomorrow at the earliest. Well I didn't get an email, instead I got a phone call today. We're always quick to slam bad service so I reckon that these guys deserve a plug for good service.

:o) Melissa
AnswerID: 105002

Reply By: Nudenut - Monday, Apr 04, 2005 at 07:57

Monday, Apr 04, 2005 at 07:57
mmm (an oportunist I am ) you get your cobb fixed for zilch....is the recipe book for me?
AnswerID: 105026

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Apr 04, 2005 at 19:40

Monday, Apr 04, 2005 at 19:40
OK, so I bought a Cobb just before Easter, cause I didn't want to be the only one without one.

Snowy's Outdoors have a Cobb package deal which includes the cooker, grill and carry bag, plus the new frypan, plus a cook book (no steak knives though) for $229.00.

The cook book is very basic though, I certainly wouldn't pay the "normal" price of $10.90 as listed on the Cobb Australia Web site. Suspect that's why Cobb are giving them away as part of the package deal.

They are OK, but given the time to set up a camp fire, certainly wouldn't replace the Hillbilly Camp Oven.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 362290

Reply By: noseyp - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:52

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:52
re Cobb Cooker - had ours since last year - have used it quite a bit - was quite disappointed at first with the flavour of meat and chicken cooked in it, but decided to experiment over Easter at the Grampians - put usual water in the well, and sprinkled garlic flakes and italian herbs (most versatile mix available in our opinion), the flavour went right through the meat - the whole campground could smell it cooking - will do this with other flavours. Also used it to heat garlic bread, wrapped rolls spread with garlic butter in foil, and put in at the end of cooking a roast, just a few minutes made for crisp, mouthwatering bread - yum! Has to be one of the best purchases we have made for long term travelling.
Gotta have one!!!
jules
AnswerID: 105375

Sponsored Links