photos, diagrams

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2179 Views:2223 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Will we be able to share pictures on this site someday? I visit every evening I'm home. I never get a chance to explore the site much. What advantage is there to becoming a 'member'. Am I sponging on the rest of you? Just wondering. Royce
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00
IF your lookin for somewhere to host files try

http://www.offroad.au.com
Register its free, and theres a lot of good stuff there.
AnswerID: 7608

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00

Hey Truckster that's not what he asked and I think it's a bit cheeky of you to promote it this way. I wonder if you have a vested interest in that site? When I look at it, i see lots of links to other 4WD sites but no mention of ours. Seems to me that they think of us as competition?
FollowupID: 3495

Follow Up By: Truckster - Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00

No, its just another site out of the trillions out there... Is there the option to host pics here, as I havent seen one, and that site does, thats all. If he wanted somewhere to host his, or see other pics, or for others here to host pics, then its the same as webshots, they dont have a link to here either, neither do lots of hosting places.

Yes I have shares in it, its just another site, thats all, nothing malicious...
FollowupID: 3499

Reply By: johnsy - Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00

hmmmmmm they might michelle/david as you got the title no1
AnswerID: 7609

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00

Hi Royce,Yes you will. We are working on a section for you to actually submit articles and photos, but I doubt it will be an automated online facility due to the high possibility of sabotage (terrible to have to plan for this sort of issue, but them's the times I'm afraid). You will notice that on ExplorOz you are not bombarded with crappy advertising - the cost of sharing pics on the internet is very high and if the user doesn't pay then guess who does - the advertiser. So, when you use facilities like that, its the advertising and spam crap that will catch you out. We avoid all that and keep our site as clean as possible, plus compatible with more browsers and its a fast site for the size of it. The more pics the slower the whole site will run. What we are planning is for articles such about things you've invented, built, modified etc. And anyone can start sending me articles and pic now. I will do the layout etc and publishing. This will be properly released when I've structured the site to handle it but if anyone's got some articles ready to go then send them in. Some in the pipelines already are "Capstan Winches", "Sprung Fridge Legs" ... you get the picture.
AnswerID: 7610

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00

I'll let other members tell you about membership and its merits. But if you go to the page under the Home Menu called "Member Rewards" its all explained in there plus a link to buy membership which will take you to the Adventure Shop (or browse direct). When you buy membership you get a card so it is a tangible product in the shop and the product description will also explain what you get with your membership.
AnswerID: 7611

Reply By: Member - Sam - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00
Royce, the initial $30 to register and $20 each year there after for renewal is a very very small price to pay to help keep what is a fantastic resource and web site running. The No 1 rating the site has attained is testament to the hard work and effort Michelle and David have put in to getting this site up and running in the first place and then continuing to maintain and improve it over time. And if they are to be able to continue maintaining and improving the site, they need the help of people like us to help cover the cost of running such a setup. To me the information alone that is on this site is worth the membership fee, not to mention the additional membership benefits. Cheers, Sam.
AnswerID: 7709

Reply By: Melissa - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Royce, I got my membership very recently and I think its great, particularly the personalised home page. Also, having checked out some of the advertisers products and discounts offered to members, I'm sure we'll save some $$$ as we set-up our new 2nd hand 4WD. And why not get in and support such a great web-site. We were off touring last week and on two separate occasions, fellow travellers referred us to the ExploreOz web-site as a great source of info.Well done Michelle and David. Melissa
AnswerID: 7729

Sponsored Links