Toilet Paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2181 Views:2116 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
The big differences between this years and the last trip to the centre are:
The whole place is covered with toilet paper and it looks horrible.
The sand is dry and deep which makes everything interesting.
Sign posts have been souvenired.
Most of the towns have tidied themselves up for the Year of the Outback.
The cheapest petrol is still at Peak Hill (Caltex – but yellow and red)
Most professional drivers have a speech impediment or some type of Freudian hang up which requires them to use foul language on the UHF.
Other than that it is still a great country
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kevin - Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00
Trevor I always Recomend burning your toilet paper AFTER use as I have been to sites were it looks like the paper has been thrown onto trees whitch is probly not the case. The s##t breaks down after time so theres no visual polution!!! This should help our keep our camp sites clean.. Kevin
AnswerID: 7617

Reply By: kezza - Sunday, Oct 20, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Oct 20, 2002 at 00:00
It amazes me that toilet papercan get out of a hole (dug deep as posssible) in the first place. (heavy sarcasim here) It horrifies me that if people must ablute away from a toilet they think that being in isolation is an excuse to leave it on the surface.
Next time you swat a fly off your lunchtime sandwich (or your face) consider where its been.
In the army - the first thing we were trained in the bush was to bury our waste - for hygene.
Too many people do not apply this simple LAW usually one unfamiliar with bush etiqute.
be hygenic please and consider our health in the bush

Kezza
AnswerID: 7644

Follow Up By: Freddy - Sunday, Oct 20, 2002 at 00:00

kezza it's a pity they don't teach hygienic etiquette anymore isn't it ... oh and also spelling
FollowupID: 3518

Follow Up By: Obsessive - Sunday, Oct 20, 2002 at 00:00

you've obviously NEVER misspelt a word in your life then Freddy ! That being the case a bit more humility would be in order. That not being the case then people in glass houses......................!
All men are created equal and kezza just might be that person who comes along and saves your precious butt one day, without even caring whether or not you can spell !!!
FollowupID: 3520

Follow Up By: Janset - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002 at 00:00
Hi guys.
Problem solved. Go to this site and download. It is a great free download spell checker that can be used in any forums. When I remember to use it I do :)

http://www.iespell.com/
FollowupID: 3591

Reply By: Beddo - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00
Loo paper - we've just come back from Cape York and sure people bury it and surely the pigs dig it up. I agree - dig a small hole just enough to cover it and provide a wind break so that when you burn the paper it does not blow away and then catch fire to anything else. Anyway I found myself picking up other peoples loo paper (carefully mind you) and putting it in the fire - particularly along the Old telegraph Line. So burn the paper and carry all rubbish out otherwise the pigs will spread it, Cheers Beddo (Jeff)
AnswerID: 7737

Follow Up By: Kezza - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00
Ah freddie, just when one wants to make a good point quickly doesnt check the spelling and leaves oneself open to ridicule - an opportuinst seizes thje moment for a putdown - Thanks
Hopefully the value of what I said is not diminished. Its not that I cannot spell (in fact Im sure Im better educated than you are) I was in a hurry.

all the best
kezza
FollowupID: 3566

Reply By: CJ - Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 22, 2002 at 00:00
In the 'old days' - it used to be 'burn, bash and bury' - hopefully everyone has moved on to 'burn, bash and take it with you' Toilet paper is a big problem though, and the burn principle is a solution which many are reluctant to use. I now cary one of those 'flame thrower' type cigarete lighters to do the 'job'. They are refillable and can be used to solder etc.
AnswerID: 7762

Sponsored Links