folding/portable boat trailers

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 19, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2182 Views:5994 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anybody had any experience with folding/portable boat trailers?
'm looking for something to cart my boat around on afterI get to
a camp site.Boat travels on an offroad camper & need something that will double as an "everyday' boat trailer as well as being portable to carry on the camper or Nissan
pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: benau - Sunday, Oct 20, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Oct 20, 2002 at 00:00
assuming its an aluminum "tinnie" put a leg on either side of the back of the boat with a wheel on the end that pivot in a bracket and lock with a pin. fold the legs down and lift and carry the front of the boat like a wheelbarrow and fold up when in the water.
hope this idea overcomes your space problem
AnswerID: 7630

Reply By: Meggs - Sunday, Oct 20, 2002 at 00:00

Pete I have had a look at a number of trailers both aluminium and steel and I am convinced that you won't get a trailer to do both jobs. The portable trailers rely on the compression of the tyres for the springing and I can't see this method being satisfactory for both uses. I built both a portable trailer and a set of wheel to clamp on the hull bit I will be using the conventional sprung trailer for normal home use.
AnswerID: 7646

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, Oct 20, 2002 at 00:00

Have a look for Ezy Folding Boat Trailers - Sandy Hollow Maching - they are listed in our Business Search Engine under the Trailers category - they are also have banners running on this site. I'd never heard of them before and looking at their website its a really great idea!
AnswerID: 7647

Reply By: Mudguts - Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Oct 21, 2002 at 00:00
I've got a set of Ezi Wheels which simply clamp over the gunwales on each side. Made up a bracketwelded to a towball connector which bolts into the eye on the front and that's my trailer
Problem is that I have now heard unfounded rumours that the constabulary in many NQld places like Karumba are cracking down heavily on unregistered trailers even when only towing across the road or very short distances
If it can't be registered it aint legal and cops a fine.
I'd be interested in anyone who can confirm the need for registered trailers at Karumba as we are heading there next year.
I've explored costs on Little Bulldog $1545 too bloody dear and one from a bloke in Maclean NSW about $1200 I reckon I can build same for about $500 that will do the job legally but don't want to waste dough if the Ezi Wheels will do.

Interested to hear other comments Mudguts
AnswerID: 7707

Sponsored Links