BMW rated tow point

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 21:44
ThreadID: 21871 Views:1721 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Walked into the workshop today to see how the cruiser is going and saw a 318 BMW getting repaired . I asked Tony , what happened here ?

Well the story goes like this.

This 318 BMW broke down , the owner rings and asks , where is the best point to tow the vehicle . He is told that BMW come with a rated tow point , so he says, yep I see it . Well he and his mate pass the tow rope through the front bar and around this silver bar that looks so stong. The take off and after a few meters , they notice smoke coming out of the front of the car , a few more meters down the road , the towie ( in the BMW ) is tooting his horn franticly . Both cars stop and the passengers get out to see the Grill smashed to pieces and the condensor and radiator hanging out.

This Bannana had connected the tow rope to the High pressure air con line that runs to the condensor . Since the same braket holds both condensor and radiator , it has pulled both including destroyed the radiator support panel through the grill lol .

Hey only cost the bloke $2500. Should have settled for a $50 tow lol

Salt was added to the wound when the mechanic pulled out the tow hook from the boot and screwed it into the tow slot in the bumper .

Have a nice day all
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 21:59

Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 21:59
One thing I will never understand.............. is why some people don't have CDF. "What's CDF?"

Common Dog F...

like knowing how to do normal stuff.

What REALLY beats me is this.............

I've got CDF, but I don't own a BMW, so something is wrong in the Universe.............

Bit like what my Old Lady used to say to us kids............. " A fool & his money are easily separated..."

How does the fool get the money in the first place.................?

Anyway, it's a feel good story, cause the BMW owner is probably an anti 4 x 4 dude anyway........ cause he hasn't got CDF..........

Wolfie
AnswerID: 105667

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 23:10

Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 23:10
Deep, very deep... Haven't heard "CDF" for years, was an army thing for me.
FollowupID: 362794

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 06:51

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 06:51
I still dont get it

C. D. F?
FollowupID: 362806

Follow Up By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 07:22

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 07:22
iMusty,

Common Dog F(word that rhymes with truck)

It's "short" for common sense...

FollowupID: 362812

Follow Up By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 07:50

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 07:50
Hmm Thanks.

See you in a couple
FollowupID: 362817

Sponsored Links