OziExplorer - Maps for the Canning

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 23:35
ThreadID: 21872 Views:2133 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Any recommendations for e-maps to use with OziExplorer on the Canning Stock Route?

I have Natmap 1:250K but would like 1:100k or even better if I can get it.

Can anyone help out or make a recommendation?

Thanks,

Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 23:52

Thursday, Apr 07, 2005 at 23:52
Seen the ones linked in pointplace yet? As a member you can download it for free (if you have credits). The road plot is accurate to 1:10,000 however the current output map is limitted to handle email delivery of the result. I can produce a 1:10K or 1:100K result however I have not yet worked out the best way to break up the deliverable sections. The PointPlace map is fully geo-referenced and you can also download the 60 odd waypoints for every well and POI from the trip. Have a look at PointPlace and the Canning Stick Route Trek it shows a verion of the map, links to Point Place and also a link to mapping zoom. Also the PlotSwap specific maps for the Canning are here.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 105689

Reply By: Ian(Qld) - Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 06:03

Friday, Apr 08, 2005 at 06:03
Hi Geocacher,

Scan the version that came with National Geographic( I think). assign appropriate grid references to about 4 points and import it into Oziexplorer. Then you have lots of detail. The moving map facility can be set to automatically select the highest detail when you get to it. Great facility.
Cheers
Ian
AnswerID: 105692

Reply By: Muka - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:32

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:32
Hi, cant help with the map thing, but thanks for the sign off about a bad day....
you got me curious so i went and checked out the web site www.geo... never heard of it before but seems like a great thing to do with some soare time, and i was amazed at how many caches are in WA, needless to say i will be adding some more now!!!

Cheers

Marty
AnswerID: 105860

Follow Up By: geocacher (djcache) - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 11:35

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 11:35
No worries Marty.

I should have included a medical warning. This sport is highly addictive!

It will however take you to places you would never have gone otherwise and show you things you didn't know were there in areas you may have been to many many times.

Have fun. The whole family can do this one together and it goes hand in hand with 4wding and owning a GPS.

Recently ran another 4wd event cache here in Victoria and had about 16 vehicles and 35 cachers! Had a ball, met new and great people...

See this page.

Dave
FollowupID: 362962

Sponsored Links