The pitter patter of little tyres...

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:27
ThreadID: 21899 Views:2808 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Delivered at 11am Monday to the proud father,

One shiny new platinum ST-S Nissan patrol with warn winch and snorkel, 17K on the clock.

Delivery was 1 day short of a month late, which put a halt to an easter trip along the GRR. (NT doesn't stand for Northern Territory, it stands for Not Today, Not Tomorrow, Not Tuesday and Not Thursday!)

Actually Cyclone Ingrid would have stopped a GRR road trip anyway...

Off to Litchfield now...might even let the tyres touch the dirt....

Dog
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - iMusty (VIC) - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:32

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:32
Jellos. Jeilus. Jillous. Jeelus.

Hmmn How do you spell that word?

Enjoy. :-)

iMusty
AnswerID: 105848

Reply By: Dog (NT) - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:41

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:41
I've still go my old patrol on the rig profile...sort of a mark of respect..

I actually felt sad for the old patrol, I've still got it and its parked next to the new one...its always served me so well. Still it will make a good buy for someone, got long range tanks, OME suspension, dual battery system. Body ain't that flash, but its got heart!

I might even try to sell it through ExplorOz rather than flog it off to a dealer. (I got the new car through salary sacrifice, so I didn't trade in the old one)
AnswerID: 105850

Follow Up By: Member - Browny (VIC) - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:53

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 09:53
Well done Dog,

How many goodies do you plan on fitting, a good start with bar & snorkel

Browny
FollowupID: 362950

Reply By: Dog (NT) - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:10

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 10:10
Hi Browny,

Thanks.

Well I'm not going to touch it until I've had the 1000k service. Then I'll drive the old girl to ARB and take off the roof cage and the aircompressor and put them on the new car.

I'll then get a dual battery system put in. I'll get a second power point added to the read of the car with a heller plug and heavier duty wire, running directly off the second battery.

I will probably get a roof console to mount my radio (GME TX4400) as I want to get a HF radio later (ICOM 706mkIIg) and I don't think there is room on the front console for both radios (would like to hear from anyone who has mounted radios on the dash of a patrol) Probably from ARB as well (easier to have it all done by one organisation)

That will do for a bit. Next step will probably be a second set of tyres..6 steel rim's with coopers on them, probably Cooper STT's. I'll just swap between the alloys and steels depending on what I'm doing.

I'm not going to touch the suspension yet, it seems to sit as high as the old patrol which had a 50mm lift. I'll probably wait to see how the stock suspension handles off road first.

I've already got a incar nav system using a CF GPS and a pocket PC, but I'll get a suction cup mount for that (on the old patrol I'd drilled in to the dash to mount the _Permanent_Painted_Coatings.aspx, not prepared to drill in to my new car!!)

Dog
AnswerID: 105854

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 11:51

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 11:51
"Delivered at 11am Monday to the proud father, "

I have this vision, that just won't go away, of you cutting the umbilical cord, whoops, I mean winch cable!

Good luck with your new addition to your family. May it always do as it's told, and not cost you lots of money..........

Wolfie
AnswerID: 105873

Reply By: Patrolman Pat - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 12:16

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 12:16
Congratulations on the new addition to the family. It's good to let the littlies play in the dirt it helps them develop a strong immune system. Before you know it it will be rolling around in mud without a care in the world.
AnswerID: 105874

Reply By: Dog (NT) - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 17:39

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 17:39
Thanks all,

Well, I did sort of cut the umbilical cord...or actually the tie wire around the winch hook.

Got dust on it and 400k on the clock, went down to Litchfield park from the rum jungle end, got a photo of it parked at the Finiss river, some red dust on the tyres, so its already taking its baby steps ;-)

Dog
AnswerID: 105899

Follow Up By: Wisey (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 21:21

Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 21:21
Hi Dog

stopped at the Finnis last Oct after seing my bro in Humpty Doo. Second (lazy) cast and the ol'man pulled in a beaut barra. Camped at the shady 2wd camp site, hot and dry when we stopped for the night, nice breeze until... the sun set, the breeze stopped and the temp went up again.

Next time will be after the wet to see the greenery and water etc.

Have fun with your new rig

Cheers
Andy
FollowupID: 363124

Reply By: muzzgit (WA) - Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 00:49

Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 00:49
Dog, I don't have a radio on the dash of my GU, but I put my BIG old commercial style UHF on the back of the center console. It's out of site when you look in the front windows and adjustments are easily done by just reaching back a little. My mate has done the same in his 80 series.

I'm so familiar with this radio that I don't need to take my eyes off the road to change channel or adjust the volume. Food for thought !!
AnswerID: 105958

Sponsored Links