Convert.gps format to plt format

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 12:54
ThreadID: 21903 Views:4443 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a software program named copilot live, which runs on my laptop. It is used for voice navigation.

This program saves all log files in a format called.gps

Does anyone know of a program which would convert these files to plt format so I can read them in oziexplorer

Thanks in advance

TonyG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Utemad - Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 14:35

Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 14:35
Can you export them from CoPilot as a .txt file? Then import them with Ozi.

How about uploading them to your GPS (if your using a handheld Garmin/Magellan etc) and then downloading them using Ozi?
AnswerID: 105885

Reply By: GUPatrol - Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 21:05

Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 21:05
Tony,

got to the oziexplorer web page, there is a utility called NMEA log reader, the .gps file is a straight nmea log, this program will convert it.

Will
AnswerID: 106044

Follow Up By: Member - TonyG (Qld) - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 20:28

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 20:28
Hi Thanks for the info.

After some searching on the oziexplorer website, I was able to find the software that does the following:

NMEA log Reader - this allows the .gps format file to be read as moving map only on oziexplorer.

OziConvertData - this allows me to convert the files to .plt format, which I can save and review in oziexplorer.

Thanks heaps again, as this now allows me to record all trips in copilot using the voice navigation software, and the ability to convert to be used in oziexplorer at a later date.

TonyG
FollowupID: 363251

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 22:38

Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 22:38
Tony,

Email me a copy of the file and I will see if I can add the functionality to PointPlace and then you will be able to upload to ExplorOz and download OziExplorer format directly on the site..
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 106065

Sponsored Links