Finke & alcohol restrictions

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 09, 2005 at 23:38
ThreadID: 21912 Views:2015 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, Looking at travelling from Alice Springs to Oodnadatta via Finke & I am led to believe that no alcohol is allowed to be taken into or through Finke. Can anyone advise me on this please?
John
just crusin & smelling the flowers

1. At Halls Creek (Is he really lost?)
2. East of Cameron Cnr

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bob-h(QLD) - Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 00:10

Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 00:10
Hi John
We went through Finke last August/September, mid Saturday afternoon. Had a few bottles of wine & beer on board, but covered. We just went straight through town without stopping. The only people we saw were two kids about nine years old, who threw stones at us as we waved to them!
Bob
AnswerID: 105954

Reply By: Member - Banjo (SA) - Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 08:41

Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 08:41
There have been posts on this issue a few months back. The signs tell you not to carry alcohol into the town - taken literally, there would be huge piles of bottles by the roadside on the edge of town - this of course does not happen :-). 1. People travelling through just ignore the signs - 2. People stopping in the town briefly keep the car locked and the "goods covered". 3. People staying in the town would not dream of taking alcohol in. It seems scenario 1 is the only plan - nothing for tourists to see or do in Finke (I venture to say) !
AnswerID: 105967

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 18:09

Sunday, Apr 10, 2005 at 18:09
Agrre with Banjo.

Anyway there is nothing exciting about Finke. Just drive through the town and don't look guilty....lol
FollowupID: 363085

Sponsored Links