Track near Merty Merty

Submitted: Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 12:52
ThreadID: 21953 Views:1690 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Everyone - Does any one have information on the track shown on the RAA Touring map which shows a track going off midway between Merty Merty and Twilight Bore onto the Strzelecki Track. Regards, Trev
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: duncs - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 18:14

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 18:14
Is this the track that follows Strezlecki Creek?

If it is, it is difficult to find. It apparently has a road closed sign at the start but it must have been knocked over or moved. Last time I was up that way it was not there and I could not find the track.

If you want to use it to save time, don't bother, the main track is much quicker. However, I have been told that it is a pretty drive and worth doing if you have the time. The tour operator who told me about it reckons there is nothing too dificult on the track. It runs mostly along the creek bed so the sand is soft and bogging is possible so be self sufficient and let the tyres down a bit. If you go that way you will have the road to yourlself.

I intend looking for it on the next run out that way. Oh and if you do find it let us know what it is like.

Duncs
AnswerID: 106201

Reply By: Kruzr - Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 20:10

Monday, Apr 11, 2005 at 20:10
The Track You Are Talking About Is The Old Strzeleki Track.The Turn Off Is Right @ The Merty Merty Station.When You Get To The T Intersection Turn Right ,About Half a Click Up The Road You Cross A Cattle Grid,Turn Left ,That Will Take You All The Way To Innaminka,You Come In On The 16 Mile Track.Hope That Helps.
AnswerID: 106221

Reply By: Gossy - Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 09:19

Tuesday, Apr 12, 2005 at 09:19
The old track is fine. We averaged about 50 to 60 km/h on it.
AnswerID: 106316

Sponsored Links