Marble Bar - Alice

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 14, 2005 at 20:10
ThreadID: 22067 Views:1670 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Travellers,

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with the road from Marble Bar to Alice Springs via Telfer, Gary Junction, Sandy Bight Junction. We are wanting to cross that way in late June and are interested in any info we can find about road conditions, things to see, permits, fuel, etc.

Any information gratefully received.

Cheers

Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Apr 14, 2005 at 20:31

Thursday, Apr 14, 2005 at 20:31
I am going some of the way starting tomorrow. Permits are required for transit through aboriginal country on both sides of the WA/NT border.

Can't tell you about the tracks...going to find out for ourselves when we get there
AnswerID: 106778

Follow Up By: Footloose - Thursday, Apr 14, 2005 at 23:13

Thursday, Apr 14, 2005 at 23:13
And of course you'll be updating us on the track conditions as you go. Should be easy with all the gizmos you carry :)
Have a safe and enjoyable journey.
FollowupID: 363796

Reply By: Member - sparra - Thursday, Apr 14, 2005 at 22:38

Thursday, Apr 14, 2005 at 22:38
marble bar to telfer gates[130 klms from telfer] is now bitumen.telfer road is wide good gravel road,[beware of roadtrains] to punmu turnoff 28 klm out of telfer.last time i went through the road from the turnoff through to punmu and on to the junction to kunawarritji was also good.aparently the desert road from gary junction has been done up and realigned around the jupiter well and kiwikurra area,i heard it is pretty good all the way through,probably pay you to give kunawarritji a ring as conditions can change.have a safe trip. cheers sparra
no good being the richest man in the cemetry

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 106811

Sponsored Links