Barra Fishing - with the bad wet

Submitted: Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 20:57
ThreadID: 22097 Views:1509 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi you lucky guys up north,

How has the miserable wet affected the fishing ? The Barra Nationals start soon , that should give a good indicator . I think I have picked the worst year in the last 15 years to go for two weeks to the Daly . Bummer .

Cheers ,

Willie .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Topend - Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 21:49

Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 21:49
Hi Willie,

The fishing is good on the Daly at the moment if you head down towards the mouth and fish the run off the flood plains in the creeks. As we had a bad wet I suspect that this won't last long.

My nieghbour caught 60 barra last Friday and kept 5 around a high tide. I went with him on Monday to the same spot but at low tide and caught about 15 barra and lost some others. We returned home with a 60cm, two 80cm and a 100cm.

My nieghbour was flying over today in a helicopter and dropped in for 5 minutes to try his luck from the bank. He caught one and lost one.

I'm sure the Barra Nationals can't go this far down stream so I suspect that they will find it a bit harder.

Cheers,
Topend.

P.S. When are you up here?
AnswerID: 106969

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 21:57

Friday, Apr 15, 2005 at 21:57
opend ,
I will be fishing 28 April to 10 May and we are staying at Woolianna . I only have a Quintrex 3.7 m Dart with a 15 Merc , so I certainly won't be going down to the mouth - nowhere near as far as that . If the Barra Nationals are like the Classic , they will only be able to fish down to Alligator Head .
Thanks a lot for the info ,
Willie .
FollowupID: 363944

Sponsored Links