Maps for Beach Driving

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 24, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 2215 Views:1367 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm heading off to Millicent in the next couple of weeks for some beach driving around Robe, Beachport and Southport. Does anyone know of any maps produced for these areas?

Thanks
Grinner
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rick - Thursday, Oct 24, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Oct 24, 2002 at 00:00
I reckon that you may get reasonable maps at the local Servos. Try Jarmo's in Beachport, and Ampol in Robe. Can't give you a location in Millicent, but if you go to Carpenters Rocks, maybe they have one?? You'd like to think so. Cheers. Rick. P.S . Beware high spring tides & storms. I was at Robe two weeks ago & there was no room to drive on the beach- it was all water. This is the usual winter/spring pattern.
AnswerID: 7826

Reply By: Truckster - Thursday, Oct 24, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Oct 24, 2002 at 00:00
You could try the guys at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4wd_out_of_adelaide

MElbourne Map Center has about the best selection of maps anywhere, probably find them and do it that way.. They are on the net...
AnswerID: 7830

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Saturday, Oct 26, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Oct 26, 2002 at 00:00
I think you'll find that here on ExplorOz we have one of the best selections of maps for 4WDrivers in our Shop with the full range of Hema, Westprint and some DOLA, Auslig and other stuff too. However, I've just had a look and none are specific on that small beach run. We have a trek note on the site on it after doing it a few years back but if you need more then I agree pick up a local mud map (assuming you don't have a computer and haven't got the Auslig 250K Raster cds - that show everything! Also available here on ExplorOz of course.)
FollowupID: 3653

Reply By: Matt - Friday, Oct 25, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Oct 25, 2002 at 00:00
Try the National Park and Wildlife of SA. If not, the local servo's should have info. The Information centre at Millicent will also have info. Be careful of the beach conditions at this time of the year. I was going along there last weekend as i come from Millicent and was unable the drive on the beach between Southend and Beachport, the tides are pretty large!

Cheers
Matt
AnswerID: 7841

Reply By: Grinner - Friday, Oct 25, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Oct 25, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks for the info guys, looks like the best bet may be to try and source one when I get there. It's a shame to hear about the high tides, looks like we'll have to keep to the dunes. Grinner
AnswerID: 7842

Sponsored Links