TX3200 radio in GU Patrol changing channels

Submitted: Sunday, May 13, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 222 Views:1833 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We have a GME TX3200 fitted in the passenger side slot on the centre console between the front seats of our GU Patrol. Sometimes it changes channel and we are not sure whether it is doing it by itself or whether we are accidentally touching the channel selector knob as we get in and out of the car. Does anyone have any experience of radios changing channel by themselves?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nigel - Sunday, May 13, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, May 13, 2001 at 00:00
My brother in law has a GME 3200 and hasnt experienced this problem. I have a GME 4200 and most people I know have various models of GME and no one has heard of this problem, so if its a bug in the set it must be only in recent models.
Try noting the position of the channel know (put a sticker on or something) to see if it actually moves. If the knob hasnt moved and the channel has changed then you have a faulty set. Cheers
AnswerID: 458

Reply By: Mark Callaghan - Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, May 14, 2001 at 00:00
Simon
I use 6 similar units for our Tag-alongs and have never had any trouble. Imagine the hard time they get as a borrowee unit bouncing around in someones vehicle. Have you checked the basics etc - ie is it on "SCAN"
Assuggested, tape up the channel button and see if it still happens.
GME are pretty good on faults etc.
Regards
Mark Callaghan
Coast & Country 4WD Adventure tours
www.4wdadventuretours.com.au
AnswerID: 459

Reply By: Darryn - Tuesday, May 15, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 15, 2001 at 00:00
Simon I own a TX4000 GME which will "lock up" when there is a voltage drop as you start the engine. This radio has been in two different Toyota diesels wired direct to the battery and is only cured by wiring to the aux battery direct. I have not had any exp with the TX3200 but check there is no substantial voltage drop
Regds Darryn
AnswerID: 475

Follow Up By: Simon - Wednesday, May 16, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 16, 2001 at 00:00
Darryn, What do you mean by lock up, wont change channels? Simon
FollowupID: 118

Reply By: Darryn - Thursday, May 17, 2001 at 00:00

Thursday, May 17, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Simon, nice to know my reply was read. By "lock up" I mean that the set does nothing. You cant change channels, transmit or recieve or do anything. You have to turn the set off and on to get it back to life. Friends of mine with the same sets and in the same installations have not had the same problem so whether it is just my set or what I dont know but since I wired it to the aux battery I havent had the problem. Hope you can sort your problem out easily too..
Regds Darryn
AnswerID: 498

Sponsored Links